Ati Radeon X850 Xt-pe ... Agp ?

GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
edited May 2005 in Hardware
I have a little question about the X850 XT-PE. When i go to the ati web site they say it's a PCI Express® x16 lane native support . But when i look on the net to buy one i don't see anything about a X850 from ATI with the PCI-E specification. They all have the AGP specification... At the store where i've buy my computer they've call me back to tell me that the only X850 from ATI that they presently can have is the AGP version... I tell them that a PCI-E version exist but then when i look on the web im not to sure about it...

I saw some of you guys with an ATI X850 PCI-E in their cpu specs so it must exist... Can you explain me what the f**k here ? :confused:

Comments

• SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited May 2005
    ATI X850 PCI-E yes does exist
    but i have not been able to find an agp card..
  • edited May 2005
    Here's a link to one in stock at Newegg, for you.

You might faint at the price though, $999.00 plus $8.00 shipping! :wtf: :shakehead
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited May 2005
    I was looking for a ATI brand card , the one you show me is a sapphire card made with the ATI X850 GPU. ATI does not make one of those card ? The only "pure" ATI that i've found is an AGP card like this one.

But the sapphire one looks great too... It may be an option to me... I'll go read some review about it.

Thankx
    edited May 2005
    The only reason why i would prefere an ATI "pure" brand card is that too often i see that those from other brand like sapphire gives less performance than the ATI. But as i see... an ATI X850-XT PE PCI-E does not exist and if want PCI-E i'll have to go with sapphire...

Another question... i was asking myself, what the Premium Edition have to often that the XT Normal edtion does not give ? There's quite a large amount of money to put for the "Premium Edition". Maybe i don't realy need what the PE gives...
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited May 2005
    I remember hearing that ATI would not make X850 cards, but rather leave it to their partners, like Sapphire and Powercolor etc.

I have not yet seen an AGP X850, but they do exist, and have recently started to float around. These are not native AGP cards, they use a 'bridge' to communicate via. AGP.

I have the Sapphire X850 XT PCI-E (non-vivo model). Fantastic card btw. I paid about $599 CDN for it in February. Don't waste your money on the Platinum edition, unless you absolutely have to have cream of the crop. Even if you kept your XT at stock, the benchmarks are usually only 3-5% lower than the PE. My XT overclocks well past PE speeds anyway.. And the cards are literally identical if you have the Vivo XT :cool:
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    GooD wrote:
    The only reason why i would prefere an ATI "pure" brand card is that too often i see that those from other brand like sapphire gives less performance than the ATI. But as i see... an ATI X850-XT PE PCI-E does not exist and if want PCI-E i'll have to go with sapphire...

Another question... i was asking myself, what the Premium Edition have to often that the XT Normal edtion does not give ? There's quite a large amount of money to put for the "Premium Edition". Maybe i don't realy need what the PE gives...

TOTALLY ABSOLUTELY WRONG!!!

All ATI partners including Saphire stick to the reference design as regulated by ATI. Some like Saphire and Asus go the extra and tweak their cards to the max allowed within the reference design specifications. Most people on this forum actually prefer a Saphire card over all others.

But if you don't beleive ATI actually makes one. There is one on the price list on the ATI site (since I see you are in Canada the prices are in CAD. And I found one at
    futurepowerpc.com .
    edited May 2005
    The only real advantage to true 'ATI' built cards, is that you benefit from a really trouble free, three year warrantee. ATI's RMA policies are lax, and they are relatively quick returning your card. Other than that, Sapphire cards are physically identical to ATI's, and cost considerably less in many cases :thumbsup:

When the 9800 pro was new to market, the Sapphire card cost almost 15-20% less than ATI's and was literally identical, even the heatsink was the same.
    edited May 2005
    I've read a lot of review about the Sapphire X850 XT PCI-E in the last hour and you're true lemonlime, the PE edition is a waste of precious money. ;) Btw it's this Sapphire card seems to be great ! :thumbsup:

mtgoat : It's sometimes hard to make a true opinion with all those review and article that we can found on the web... :(

Hopefully you are here for me ! :D Thankx to you guys.
    edited May 2005
    lol,im sure you will make a great choice..

DeViANCE, SoLo
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited May 2005
    Post the 3dmark 05 score I can't wait to see what she does :).
    edited May 2005
    GrayFox wrote:
    Post the 3dmark 05 score I can't wait to see what she does :).

Yes, We both would like to see... ;D
    edited May 2005
    Well you will have to wait some times because it seems i won't have my computer before 1 month. :(

I've ordered my computer from a big computer store here in Quebec, they can provide me all what i need with a free 1 year in-shop garanty and competitive price. The only problem is that i've receive news today and they won't recieve the new AMD 4000+ w/ San diego core before a couple (3-4) of weeks :shakehead

So, im waiting... still waiting :bawling:
    edited May 2005
    It' All Good.Just Post It When You Are Able..Im Curios To See What It Hit's..LoL I have no ide why i cap those letters..lol :D
    edited May 2005
    I got about 6100 3DMark05's without even overclocking my card, you wont be disappointed ;)
    edited May 2005
    lemonlime wrote:
    I got about 6100 3DMark05's without even overclocking my card, you wont be disappointed ;)
    that has to be wrong, b/c i hit Just below you and i have much less hardware..!!! 5350 3dmark05 demo..
    edited May 2005
    SoLo wrote:
    that has to be wrong, b/c i hit Just below you and i have much less hardware..!!! 5350 3dmark05 demo..

If that is true, then you got a pretty fantastic score for an 8-pipe nvidia card. That is about the score I'd expect from a 6800GT/Ultra. I assume that was overclocked? any other tweaks?.

You should post some screenshots in the 3DMark05 thread, as I'm sure some people would be interested to see that score :thumbsup:
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    SoLo wrote:
    Must be wrong. You won't even get that score in 05 with SLI. I think you are mixing 03 with 05 here.
    edited May 2005
    MackanzOCZ wrote:
    Must be wrong. You won't even get that score in 05 with SLI. I think you are mixing 03 with 05 here.
    LoL,im sorry youre right. i did mix up '03.but this was before i upgraded..heres new score..I KNOW that i can hit higher..!!
    edited May 2005
    MackanzOCZ wrote:
    I think i would hit that and even pass it with two 6600gt OC.. ;D
    edited May 2005
    SoLo wrote:
    I think i would hit that and even pass it with two 6600gt OC.. ;D
    I thought something looked screwy here so I enlarged part of the image posted by SoLo. It looks like the first character is added and the score could have actually been '356'. :scratch: And there is just no way in hell (2) 6600GT's would even come close to an X850XT. :cool:
    edited May 2005
    dude, i had to add the 7 due to the unregistered screen cap..THIS IS A TRUE SCORE..!!! i will prove anyway you want..and this is only one 6600gt..!!!
    edited May 2005
    SoLo wrote:
    dude, i had to add the 7 due to the unregistered screen cap..THIS IS A TRUE SCORE..!!! i will prove anyway you want..and this is only one 6600gt..!!!
    I have never ever heard of a cap on any 3D marks ever!!!:shakehead

2 6600GT's would'nt give you double the score anyway as your CPU and some other system properties account for about a 1/3 of the score. :scratch:
    edited May 2005
    screen capture.its a trial version..this is the first screen capture i have EVER use and it apparently is NOT free..so it has unregister on EVERY pic I capture.!!!
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited May 2005
    press alt + print screen
    and then paste into paint

viola
    edited May 2005
    SoLo wrote:
    screen capture.its a trial version..this is the first screen capture i have EVER use and it apparently is NOT free..so it has unregister on EVERY pic I capture.!!!
    All you need to do to for a screen capture is press CTRL + PRT SCR at the same time, then open paint (start menu>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>paint) then click "select" (the little square box under Edit), then right-click on the white part of the screen. I was referring to the botched up number'7' that does not look like it belongs and not the red across your pic which I realsize is from an unregistered screen capture proggie.
    edited May 2005
    no, the 7 does not belong..i had to add it for the screen cap i was using added the UNREGISTERD logo
    i did not know that i could push CTRL + PRT SCR ,i dont even know what PRT SCR is.. :scratch:
    edited May 2005
    I will reBENCH 3dmark05 and move the window and post it then..ill post as soon as it done..!!
    edited May 2005
    SoLo,

I apologize for any misunderstanding I had concerning the validity of your score. In the future please just use MS paint and not some other program to capture your screen as they can cause some confusion. And please do not try to fix a number as it just looks bad and gives the wrong impression. Once again Please accept my most sicere apology for my misunderstanding and I see that you are an honest person. ;)

Most sicerely,
    Larry
    a.k.a mtgoat

ps:
    I will post this on both threads.

Sorry for being OT, so back to the regulaly scheduled program.
    edited May 2005
    Larry, no need for the apology for i new that could prove this too you..I just wanted to show my score and by you accusing me of fraud, was just kind of shocking,but i can understand that SOME people do this kind of stuff...

P.S. if i was going to change the score i would have got a better score..Lol :) well,i will accept youre apology.but, i did not try to prove myself to throw it back in youre face..Thats not me..!!! :thumbsup: i hope to talk to you alot more in these forums b/c ive read ALOT of youre post and think you are a very smart guy.
    sincerly,SoLo, Matt
    edited May 2005
    oh yeah, it SUX but this bench was lower this time..Should have just kept the first one.!!