Options

Memory cooling suggested??

edited May 2005 in Hardware
I dont know if memory cooling is suggested. I have 2 sticks of 512 2700, the Ultra one has its own heatsink. Do you guys think its nessasary? Im usually gaming and downloading

seems like the new thing is those little heatsinks. I knew about them when i got soem in the case i bought for my brother. Didnt know at first what they were, now i do.

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I don't know of any worthwhile cooling solution for ram but I do know that it helps if you keep the inside of your case cool.
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited May 2005
    umm, are you having ram problems due to heat?
    what i have is a cheap method to ram and heat..a friend of mine glued some mini heat sinks with a bonding glue that is made for good heat transfer..They seem to work pretty good..maybe this could work for you..
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    You won't need active cooling on ram under 3 volts.
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited May 2005
    well, there you go..!! :)
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    MackanzOCZ wrote:
    You won't need active cooling on ram under 3 volts.

What about a heatspreader though, will he need that for the other stick?
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited May 2005
    heatspreaders don't do much at all. don't waste your time or money
  • edited May 2005
    I touch them and they are warm. I have a heatspreader that came with the Ultra ram. I have some of those lil heatsinks that i might just put on, or maybe on my card
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited May 2005
    I agree with Mackanz, unless you are pushing the voltage envilope, just ensure good case airflow and you should be fine. Heatspreaders do little, and some people swear they add to the problem, although I cannot confirm that :)