If You Had $200,what Would.....

SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
edited May 2005 in Hardware
Heres whats up..I have a AMD.3000+,6600.gt.128.AGP,1gig.muskin.3200....
If you had this hardware,What type of case and mother board would you buy..REMEMBER, $200 limit.

I am VERY interested to see what everyone will think..
:celebrate

Comments

• edited May 2005
    The DFI Lan Party 754 mobo is supposed to be a nice rig and fairly cheap too. Now as to cases, I prefer Lian Li but the KT-424 Kingwin's a decent alloy case that won't break the bank and it looks pretty spanky too.
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited May 2005
    thats a nice lookin board..im going to do a lil more investgating and find a good MB..also im thinkin of the new AMD x2 as my next cpu..there are so many cases,that its so hard to choose..LoL :) thanks MadMat
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I guess 3 fair questiond would be;

What board and case do you have now?
    Are you plannin on sticking with socket 754 for a while?
    Are keeping your current power supply?
    edited May 2005
    mtgoat wrote:
    I guess 3 fair questiond would be;

What board and case do you have now?
    Are you plannin on sticking with socket 754 for a while?
    Are keeping your current power supply?

i have a flex atx board from biostar in a iDec 210p..

754 is the only chip i have right now..i will probly get a AMD X2 as soon as i hear enuff good reviews and check it out real good...

umm,yes i would keep the power supply,but only in this case b/c its a 250w true power and is not made for anything other than what its in..!!...probly a SLi ready psu..
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I agree w/ madmat on the DFI Lanparty UT nF3 for the board since you are going to hold out on moving to a different socket later on.

So as to keep in your budget for right now (if possible after getting a new heatsink) I would suggest something like the Antec Life Style SONATA w/ Truepower 380 power supply and add a 120mm fan to the front (space is provided). That would give you a good power supply in a decent case till you could upgrade your entire system later on. I have other ideas but thought this would be a good start as it comes close to staying in budget. My other ideas are a little more moola but generally worth it.
    edited May 2005
    well as soon as i get some of this other hardware,maybe me and you(goat)can discuss what you got in mind soon..thanks all!! ;)