SM17 Up and down

qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
edited September 2003 in Folding@Home
I've got power problems (construction workers knocking out poles) and SM17 might lose some WU's. I've put her on a UPS since the power tends to only be out for a few minutes. But on Friday she still lost a 70 point tinker that was nearing completion.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    I know it's totally off-topic, but I've noticed the 3.25 beta client is extremely prone to bombing WUs on abnormal core shutdowns.

I've probably lost 200 points in the last week because of it.
  • edited September 2003
    I go through a lot of power outages. I've only lost 1 wu in the last month with 3.25 and win2k over 8 full time machines. Haven't lost any 4 part time machines. Testing out retail newegg 1700 that couldn't even oc to 1.6ghz caused me to lose the wu.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    I have not lost any with shutdowns on my w2k boxen, but w98 is a different story. I have lost two that way in the last week.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2003
    Never lost one on 3.25 with my machine cause of shutdowns.
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited September 2003
    I should have corrected that, SM17 hasn't lost any WU's just lost some time. I was too tired and reading an old log file (shoulda noticed the date) (She's running 3.24 on debian GNU/linux). My other boxen (win2k) have been losing WU's like mad running the 3.25 beta during the power outage. Its probably been around 6-7 between between 3 boxes but even 1 seems like sooo many. I should note that F@H is running on FAT32 partitions on these computers which I believe is the problem. I moved the files onto an NTFS partition so hopefully I won't lose units, just time.