Whats So Bad About Gigabyte?/and Which 1 Is Better Asus Or Dfi?

xgpimpxgpimp miramar/miami
edited May 2005 in Hardware
Well since i dont know **** about comuters help me out here what would be the diffrence in boards such as the gigabyte K8NXP & THE DFI LANPARTY nf4 SLI-DR.. ?????? And yeah whats really so bad about gigabyte in the first place explain ??? :mullet::thumbsup::wtf::confused:

Comments

• edited May 2005
    i have a gigabyte k8vnxp and it is a really nice board. It came with a lot of extras and runs great. My motherboard before this one was an asus and it also ran great. the only reason that i got rid of it was b/c i wanted something better. I sold it to GeneralKeebler and as far as i know it is still working great. My personal preference over the two that i had would be the gigabyte just b/c it had more cool things that came with it. I also payed more for that one too.

bikerboy
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited May 2005
    There not great proformers and Ive had 2 gigabyte boards die one had all the caps blow and the other started to emit smoke and there was burn marks around the voltage regulators (don't blame the psu they both had enermax psu's voltages were perfect)
    Also my friends had two explode on him I don't know much about his other then he told me he saw sparks. (One of his board may have fryed a psu at a lan party too *when I was helping him get a better overclock* But then again his powersupply board was manufactured by powmax ;D )

I would go asus personaly but dfi isn't bad they accuraly proform a bit better.Asus has a better rma department (I rma'ed a board because it got dusty once :) )

Edit: His board was a Gigabyte 7VAXP based off the via kt400 chipset. I don't remember what mine were one was a socket A I think It may have been the same as his and the other was a pga370