IE7 Tabs Confirmed

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited May 2005 in Science & Tech
The latest entry in the Microsoft Internet Explorer Weblog has confirmed that the next version of Internet Explorer will have a tabbed browsing feature.
Some people have asked why we didn’t put tabs in IE sooner. Initially, we had some concerns around complexity and consistency… will it confuse users more than it benefits them? Is it confusing if IE has tabs, but other core parts of the Windows experience, like Windows Media Player or the shell, don’t have tabs? I think we made the wrong decision here initially, and we’re making the right one now. I’d like to ask you to post a comment with your favorite or most critical IE add-ins… we want to make sure IE7 works great with them.
Source: MSDN

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I'd like it to work with CSS correctly and be otherwise standard-compliant. I'd chalk that one up in the "miracle" catagory.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited May 2005
    Firefox changed my life... I cannot operate without tabs.
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited May 2005
    Agreed. Though it started with MyIE2 for me. Same idea, though. I've got Firefox so finely tuned now. I absolutely hate using IE. Even at school, I try to mouse gesture over to the next tab, or rocker-gesture to close/open. It's kind of amusing when friends look over at me frowning and banging the mouse ;D
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I bet IE7 wont have Adblock though. I live by that plugin.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited May 2005
    3% of firefox users switch back to Ie. 2% get hijacked again and switch back to firefox
    Everyone else remains because of awesome plugins and the download manager. Somethign microsoft thinks users doesnt want.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited May 2005
    Oh please. Anyone can just make up statistics . . . 40% of Americans know that.
    GrayFox wrote:
    3% of firefox users switch back to Ie. 2% get hijacked again and switch back to firefox
    Everyone else remains because of awesome plugins and the download manager. Somethign microsoft thinks users doesnt want.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited May 2005
    :P of corse but im canadian 103% of all canadians know that. [/fake statistics]