DVD burner not working! help?

edited May 2005 in Hardware
hi.. i have a LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-851S, and the driver is installed, and the device status is working properly. I've only used my burner once, and it worked, so i think it's operational.

However, i'm having a problem with windows recognizing the Blank DVD CD's. Insead of reading 0 free, and 4.7 gigabytes total, it reads 0 free, 0 total. also, when i see the properties, it says the CD is RAW type.

I thought itw as because i'm not using a DVD burning program, but i've tried a couple and it didnt work. can you recommend a good program? or tell me what's wrong?

thank you guys!

Comments

• maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited May 2005
    well first off if it's a bland dvd then it's going to say 0 and 0. it's not gonna say 0 and then 4.7gb because then it wouldn't be blank, when you put something on the dvd then it will tell you how much it has on it. So if you burn some mp3s onto a dvd and there are 100 files and it's 600MB then it would show 600 files and size 600MB. Also DVD's are not CD's they are DVD's(Digital Video Disc). CD's are (compact Disc). DVD's can hold either 4.7GB or 8.4GB(Dual Layer Disc) and CD's can only hold 700MB. Does that help any?
  • edited May 2005
    what do you burn your DVD's with?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Try Nero 6
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited May 2005
    I use the DVD Burning software from Nero that was included with my DVD-Burner