Anyone know how long the warranty is on DFI Lan Party Products?

JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
edited May 2005 in Hardware
Does anyone know how long the warranty is on DFI Lan Party Products? The reason I ask is that it appears that it maybe longer than the usual 12 months

This is a quote from the DFI website but it is a bit mis-leading.

" DFI’s RMA service is offered as an “Additional OPTION” and as an “Additional AVENUE” for END USERS ONLY, who reside in the UK, France or Germany on all DFI LANPARTY and INFINITY series MOTHERBOARDS ONLY and not accessories such as cables, FrontX etc, all of which carry a 2 year warranty. The RMA service is provided only to end users residing in the above mentioned countries who have found their motherboards to be FAULTY"

The bit I'm confused about is the ....all of which carry a 2 year warranty... part. Are they referring to "all DFI LANPARTY and INFINITY series MOTHERBOARDS ONLY" which is mentioned earlier in the sentence. Or the ...and not accessories such as cables, FrontX etc which is mentioned a bit later.

So if anybody knows the answer it would be appreciated.

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2005
    I couldnt find a damn thing on their website. Its horrible.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited May 2005
    I would head over to www.dfi-street.com and they should be able to get you some info in the forums there..
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited May 2005
    I dunno, but from the structure of the sentence I'd say the two year warranty bit applies to the accessories, not the motherboards.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I just called DFI's San Jose headquarters (1-888-825-6673) and asked about the Warranty and RMA period. (nice to have unlimited longdistance:)) I was told that the "Lanparty" motherboards (excluding periferals and accessories) are cvered by a 2 year warranty. I also asked about other areas of the world and while it took a while for them to find it, they staed that it was the same except for Taiwan which only has a 1 year period. Other DFI products varry by product line and country of origin. My thanks to Jeniffer Lee whom assisted me!:D