no video on my new computer!!

sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
edited May 2005 in Hardware
i've built my web server (P3 800mhz, Asus CUSL2 mobo, 256mb pc133 ram), put everything together, and now I cannot get any video to show up on the screen! No BOIS- nothing. There are no post beeps either. I have the speaker and everything plugged in. I've tried it with the integrated video, and with an old AGP video card. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited May 2005
    This is a new raw build right? From the ground up? Differant mb/cpu/ram/video card/psu you just put together?

tex
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited May 2005
    yeah this is the new build. I'm thinking it could be a bad motherboard or cpu... :( I'm surprised there wasn't more than just one reply so far..
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited May 2005
    Is it AGP or pci video?

One thing to try for now. Unplug the PSU from the MB. take out the battery for 20 minutes or two beers which ever comes first. Put the battery back in and attach the psu and try a couple more times. Sometimes the MB is trying to match up with the cpu speed and stuff and just hitting power and letting it try for 30 to 45 seconds and turning it off. then repeating three or four times and suddenly the damn thing boots.

Tex
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited May 2005
    If its a older board check the jumpers. Make sure everything is right for your cpu.
    edited May 2005
    ok tex i'l try that too- thanks

gray- i've set the 5 switches to OFF which makes it Jumperless (meaning all the settings are to be changed in BIOS). Plus, the cpu settings for jumpers on the motherboard don't go high enough for my cpu anyways, so it doesnt matter. Now I bought the ram/cpu/mobo all together and used, so I'm sure they worked at one point.
  • edited May 2005
    Hey, i dont know if you want to take advise from me cuz i'm a newcomer but the same thing happened to me when i build my first comp a few months back. I had put in all of my PCI hardware that were unnececery for the boot and when i took them out and booted with only the stuff needed then start-up screen showed up. Also you might want to start the computer barebone with just the essencials and it might work.
    edited May 2005
    i've tried it.. same result :(