Jpg properties information

edited May 2005 in Science & Tech
Hi just wondering about the jpg properties.

In the section where it has created , modified and accessed im not sure exactly what that means.

I assumed that created would be a date that the first time a picture is on your PC and modified would be a date later when a pic was altered.

But on a few pics i have the modified date which is earlier than the created date , i dont understand?

any ideas?

Comments

• EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    This info works the same way for all files. My guess would be this file was copied from somewhere else, so the new copy was created very recently, whereas the last modification happened prior to that. I tried copying a file just now, last modified is before the date of creation.
  • edited May 2005
    no i dont understand what your saying.
    YOu tried to copy a file? you mean you had a jpg file and you tried to copy it and the details changed?
    i tried that but the dates dont change...
    im confused
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    So, say I set my clock back and then edited the file, then returned it to its proper time. The edited would be earlier than the created.
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    navsta wrote:
    no i dont understand what your saying.
    YOu tried to copy a file? you mean you had a jpg file and you tried to copy it and the details changed?
    i tried that but the dates dont change...
    im confused

The creation date changed because the file "Copy of ______" was just created... that was an old date for you, on the copy?

What Thrax said is a second way to get the result you're describing.