deleted a NTFS partition

edited May 2005 in Hardware
hey all,
i have a seagate barracuda ATA V (80gb), and when i was install windows XP i accadently deleted the partiton off the wrong drive :eek:
but i have managed to recover it!
now, the problem is the drive is very slow. if i try to play a video off the drive it is very jumpy same with mp3s. (its quite slow at accessing files aswell)
but if i play it off my boot drive it is fine!

this is really annoying me, is there ANYTHING i can do to fix or help the problem while keeping my data?

Comments

• edited May 2005
    Have you tried to run chkdsk /f on the slow partition? Write cache enabled on that partition? Is it on a different drive or what?

If you have enough space on the boot drive, copy all your files to the boot drive, delete the slow partition and make a new one. Then copy the files back.
  • edited May 2005
    i downloaded a seagate disc checker and ran it, came up with nothing wrong. i scanned it using norton system works and that found nothing.

the 80gb is a seperate drive. might try make a backup of everything, formatting the drive then putting it all back.

anyone else got any ideas?
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Your files probably got scrambled as did your directory. I would go allong with the plan of backing up to a different drive, reformat and move the files back.