Cant boot to PCI 3112A Raid controller :(

edited May 2005 in Hardware
I am used to using onboard SATA raid and having no issues with it. My buddy has an EPOX 8k3A+ with the 3112A controller and also has the latest motherboard bios. The problem is that it doesnt even attempt to boot to the drive. It seems as if it goes right past it and then to the next inline boot device. I have the First boot device set to SCSI and there is an also an option to set what SCSI device to boot to (Onboard IDE Raid, or SCSI). I have them both set to scsi. The drive is recognized by windows and I was able to parcian, format, and load setup files.. but after the restart it just loops again.. and yes I did turn off Boot CDROM first and set it to scsi. Any ideas? Do I have to have this controller in a certain slot to make it be seen as a SCSI bootable controller? Ive read the manual on both the controller and motherboard which only told me what I already knew. Thanks for any help with this issue!!

Comments

• SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited May 2005
    Copyright wrote:
    Do I have to have this controller in a certain slot to make it be seen as a SCSI bootable controller?
    No, you just need to enable 'Boot Other Device' in his motherboard BIOS.

Cheers
  • edited May 2005
    and where would this be located? Ive already set everything to SCSI boot and I did not see any other option to boot other devices.. I will double check this tho.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited May 2005
    Copyright wrote:
    and where would this be located? Ive already set everything to SCSI boot and I did not see any other option to boot other devices.. I will double check this tho.
    Typically it should be located just under the boot order list, where you previously changed the boot priority options to SCSI. :)