SM12/IC Rebirth *Pics 56k Warning*

JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
edited May 2005 in Folding@Home
Ladies & Gents 'tis a magnificent & monumentous day for sure. For today, after a long & perilous journey across the Atlantic ocean, I'm proud to announce the rebirth of the new & improved SM/IC12!

As you can see she is nekid as the day she was born but her memory has been doubled to 512mb & the crappy cooling solution, which had a fan that was about to die, has been replaced with an Alpha Pal 8045 plus 120mm fan adaptor. Old skool, baby :thumbsup:

Not only that but she's had a brain transplant and she now has a T'bird 1.2ghz, 100fsb (used to be 1000). And to further improve things I asked her politely if she'd like to try a little overclocking action, her reply was she was game for anything!

So she's been priming & folding for the last 4hrs at 10x133 fsb, sync'd memory without a hiccup. :cool:

Comments

• JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited May 2005
    edited May 2005
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Way to go Jimborae!!!! I'm glad she's found a good home. :thumbsup:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    w00t! :D Nice work, mate.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2005
    Awesome. WTG Jim!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2005
    :celebrate

I don't believe this one either - across the ocean and up and Folding in under a week! :D

:smokin:

Nice job, Jimborae! :thumbsup:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Awesome work!

• edited May 2005
    Great job, Jim! :thumbsup: :celebrate
    edited May 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    :celebrate

I don't believe this one either - across the ocean and up and Folding in under a week! :D

Nice job, Jimborae! :thumbsup:

It arrived yesterday & I started sorting her out straight away. :) She actually downloaded her first WU sometime last night but as i was working from home today I had lots of time to fettle.

The thing I don't believe is how well she runs a 133fsb, neither the memory or cpu were designed for it & T'bird 1200's were notoriously bad clockers. I had an AXIA T'Bird 1000 that I know can do 1.4ghz but when I dropped it in it would appear that time has done its damage & it was unstable as hell. :( Still 1.33ghz ain't to shabby.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Looking great, another UK baby :D