ABIT : Fatality mobo

edited May 2005 in Hardware
Hey guys I am just doing some browsing on hardware I see abit has the fatality mobo out there and its 180 bucks lol. I was just wondering if anyone knows or knows anyone that is running it? Is it really worth the 180 bucks. Im a abit person I never use anything but abit.... but I am just wondering this one in particular. :scratch:

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Hmm....

http://www.ocprices.com/index.php?rev_id=265&page=1&action=reviews

This a review I read recently on it. It's not really any better than any other SLI board. Just has John Wendels name affliated with it. Seems like an ok board technically, just don't fall too much into the marketing hype :)
  • edited May 2005
    From what I remember of HardOCP's review of it pretty much agrees with what Shorty read in the review he linked to. Plus the damn board isn't even a SLI board, just a normal NF4 board and it also doesn't have very high vdimm options either, if I remember right. Way overpriced for what it is, IMO.

Here's a Link to HardOCP's review.
  • edited May 2005
    Ya same thing I was thinking I knew it was a big hype.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited May 2005
    pick up a Lanparty board
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    sli ...best way to fry 2 expensive video cards at one time! ;D
  • rykoryko new york
    edited May 2005
    vdimm goes to 3.2v which is good.....however i have to agree with everybody else in that it is an over-priced, over-marketed, and over-rated product line.

best value seems to be from the regular an8 nf4....only lacking sataII, ncq, etc...but all of the overclocking potential and stability of it's big brother.

abit really needs to release a plain version of the nf4 ultra chipset and forget about this fatal1ty crap. unfortunately they seem to be hanging on to it as i read somewhere that they are going to release an nf4 sli fatal1ty and an intel nf4 sli fatal1ty board in the near future. :rolleyes:
  • edited May 2005
    ryko, where did you here that it supports a vdimm of 3.2v? The reviews I've read said that it only gave a max vdimm of 2.8v.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    [ Irony ]
    ABIT touted this line of boards with gusto.

Just before the first one hit the shelves, John Wendel got beaten in the world cyber games ;D
    [ /Irony ]

While Im sure the principle for these boards are good, they are doing nothing fundamentely different with the chipset, so the performance isn't going to be any different to a vanilla one! ;)
  • rykoryko new york
    edited May 2005
    muddocktor wrote:
    ryko, where did you here that it supports a vdimm of 3.2v? The reviews I've read said that it only gave a max vdimm of 2.8v.

I guess you're right--i just went and re-read some stock reviews...i must have been thinking of a voltmod review. :eek:

it's pretty pathetic considering my ai7 is reported as having a stock max vdimm of 3.2v. it undervolts though and is really only stable at around 3.075v without a voltmod.

they could have at least given it 3.0v, but i guess abit just gave up on higher vdimm voltages with the advent of tccd and the like...:wtf: