edited August 2011 in Gaming
CounterStrike:Source is my very favorite game now. I love it!! :cool::cool:

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited May 2005
    PFT 1.6 still pwns source but yah I play source
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited May 2005
    how is it that an older one is better than the newer one?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I vote occasionally, and by occasionally, I mean once. It was just as boring and tard-filled as 1.6.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I like it better than the old CS but I still don't play even semi-regularly.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Thrax wrote:
    I vote occasionally, and by occasionally, I mean once. It was just as boring and tard-filled as 1.6.

Yea, if there was an option inbetween 'never' and 'occasionally', that's where my vote would be...

Like Thrax, I do not play the game. However, I have tried it.

In fact, I just realised, I haven't played any HL2 oriented stuff since Guild Wars came out...
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I play a bit of 1.5, as well as Source but a little less of that. It's alright, the detail is very nice and I suppose it's more realistic... *shrug*

edit:What's PFT?
  • edited May 2005
    yup i have played it. not so much within the past month or so because of school and lack of a video card but now that im done with school i plan to play a little more often.
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited May 2005
    we have 2 servers. 1 for twl match play and 1 for public with autosniper and awp restricted.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited May 2005
    I chose occasionally because I played it... once. Never EVER played the old CS. IMO HL2DM>CS:S.
  • edited May 2005
    Only times I ever loaded it up was after pre-ordering HL2, and that was just to mess with the Source engine, run the "stress test", etc. Since HL2's release, I haven't even had the game on my HDD.

HL2DM is a blast!
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited May 2005
    I've played it a couple of times, but I find it too boring. I'm always the idiot rushing in with a shotgun, and gets mowed down in 30 seconds :D Then I have to wait ten minutes for the guy who has no clue, wandering aimlessly around the map trying to find the last CT.

HL2 Deathmatch on the other hand, has me VERY hooked. I have not had this much fun with a game since I wasted away at least a year playing the original quake in the mid-late-90s. Fast action, gravity gun fun, a lot more entertaining IMO.
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited May 2005
    CS Blowz..
  • SiggySiggy Sydney Australia
    edited June 2005
    I have a cyber cafe and the 2 most popular games are CS: Source and WC: Throzen Throne.
    These 2 games are played about 5 times as much as Battlefield and then it is Condition Zero.
    edited June 2005
    SoLo wrote:
    CS Blowz..
    omg ur such a n00b... CS is one of THE MOST popular games

and Siggy verifies that- thank you :)
    edited June 2005
    Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's any good.

Take Slipknot, or ICP, or Michael Jackson, or weed, or Intel, or cigarettes!

Fact of the matter is, a lot of people play, do, and enjoy a lot of retarded **** every single day.
    edited June 2005
    you have a valid point, but i stand strong for css no matter what!!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I don't play CS because of this:
    omg ur such a n00b...
    edited June 2005
    ok? thats nice to know

sum1 that comes in and flat out says "CS blowz" deserves a little dissing... I know all mods do it, so whats wrong with it when i do it?
    edited June 2005
    I don't think he was saying there was anything wrong when you did it. You missed his point.
  • edited June 2005
    His point is "omg ur such a n00b..." is something immature kids spout off to each other. You'll never catch one of us saying that unless we were making fun of just these kinds of kids.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    exactly. When I play games, I play to have fun, and it is very tiring very fast when all you see is "omg n00b" and "stfu fgt go suck ur mom fkin n00b" every time you do anything in the game. It's pointless.
    edited June 2005
    ok misunderstanding then. lets not argue. im sry

i understand exactly what you mean and hate when people do that. but yeah i do call people n00bs lol
  • RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited June 2005

Its called halo 1....
    edited June 2005
    Its called halo 1....

yes i know- but i was asking why and how everyone thinks the older version is better than the new one. I've never played 1.6 so idk
    edited June 2005
    It's called the Pentium III, the Pontiac GTO, Burger King french fries, wine, and the NES.
  • RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited June 2005
    Thrax wrote:
    It's called the Pentium III, the Pontiac GTO, Burger King french fries, wine, and the NES.

Dont forget Oprah
  • BIGGIBIGGI Fort Meade, MD
    edited June 2005
    omg ur such a n00b...

uhh..ok

noob ;D:thumbsup:
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited June 2005
    yes i know- but i was asking why and how everyone thinks the older version is better than the new one. I've never played 1.6 so idk
    -99.9 constent frame rate
    -pings as low as 8
    -you have to aim at there head to get a head shot (In cs source I shot someone in the foot with a glock and aparently got a head shot :confused: )
    -Less hackers
    -Less kids under 12
    -meta mod
    -hl guard (meta mod plugin)
    -admin mod (meta mod plugin)
    -amx mod (meta mod plugin)
    -meta mod plugins to ban users that use "1337 speak" or have a high pitched voices.
    -Your choice of rendering Direct X 6, Open Gl or software (not hidden choice between Dx7, Dx8 and Dx9 (only Dx7 and Dx8 If you have an nvidia fx card)

Only down side is the graphics and physics.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Thrax wrote:

Same here. Except I think I played twice.

I miss 1.5. The pre-steam days. And there were still smacktards, but not quite as many.
    Thrax wrote:
    ;D
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited June 2005
    My clan runs 2 CSS servers. With good admins, you can have a fuktard free server. We do.