Computer wont fold?

SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
edited May 2005 in Folding@Home
I just started folding last night and something seems to be wrong. On the personal stats page I get this:

Date of last work unit None
Total score 0
Overall rank (if points are combined) 460626 of 460626
Active processors (within 50 days) 0
Active processors (within 7 days) 0

And my rank keeps going into last as new people sign up.

Also I installed EMIII to monitor my folding and it hasn't updated the graphic since the first one, even though I have it set for every 15 mintues.

Is there something wrong?

I have F@H running at startup and when I open taskmanager it shows it running.

Comments

• TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited May 2005
    What client are you running...Console (5.02) or Graphical (5.03)?

The stats page should update as soon as you complete 1 WU so I wouldn't worry. If task manager shows F@H running then it should be ok

Hope that helps :thumbsup:
  • SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
    edited May 2005
    I am running the console.

It just concerns me that EMIII hasn't updated and I am in last place in the stats even as new people start folding.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    It's possible that you haven't finished a single WU yet. Perhaps your first WU was a big one. What is your processor speed?
    edited May 2005
    My speed is 2.1GHZ (athlon 3000+). The computer isn't on all the time, its on for about 12-14 hours a day. How long does a WU usually take?
    edited May 2005
    What is your username for F@H? I will check what position you are at.

If you have set EMIII correctly then it will sort itself out afetr a few mins. I can post screenshots of EMIII if you want?
    edited May 2005
    My username is SpywareShooter. How do I get EMII out of stealth mode? I tried everything, including reinstalling it.
    edited May 2005
    My speed is 2.1GHZ (athlon 3000+). The computer isn't on all the time, its on for about 12-14 hours a day. How long does a WU usually take?

Depending on what WU you have, it can take up 1 or 2 days. For emaxple, a 300 point WU on my Athlon 3000+ 2.16GHz can take 1 1/2 days to complete while a 600 point WU will take about 2-3 days and those are when the computer is running 24/7 most of the time
    edited May 2005
    Okay, so it could take about a week if the computer is on 12 hours and if its a large WU. It said that it was 15 frames into the WU when I installed EMIII. The currentprogress.html page has updated, but the graphic has not. It should be past 15 frames by now.
    edited May 2005
    My username is SpywareShooter. How do I get EMII out of stealth mode? I tried everything, including reinstalling it.

I can't find you listed and that maybe becuase you haven't completed your 1st WU.

What do you mean EMIII is in stealth mode?
    edited May 2005
    EMIII is running in the background with no systray icons. I accidently checked the box that said "run in stealth mode". It is listed in taskmanager but I can't open it to edit options or anything.
    edited May 2005
    EMIII is running in the background with no systray icons. I accidently checked the box that said "run in stealth mode". It is listed in taskmanager but I can't open it to edit options or anything.

I just turned on stealth mode to see how to turn it off and i've also lost EMIII :p

Csimon should know, hopefully. I'l show him to the this...
    edited May 2005
    EMIII isn't lost, its just running in the background and can't be brought back :p
    edited May 2005
    Yeah I know...same thing here :D
    edited May 2005
    While WE ARE waiting for an answer to EMIII...you can check how much of your current WU is completed and other info by going into your F@H folder and clicking on 'unitinfo.txt'.

You can check how much your current WU is worth by looking at the Protein name and checking the score here. Just look at the the 1st part and check it with the site e.g. mine is p1314 which is worth 302 points
    edited May 2005
    Post the contents of your unitinfo.txt file here.

Also, check your running processes. Is there a process called "FAHCORE78.EXE" or "FAHCORExx.exe" (xx being some number) using almost 100% of your processor?

Is you processor being used 100%? if not, then there's definitely something wrong.
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    From The "instructions" in the EMIII folder

Run EM in Stealth (No Tray Icon): This feature is always trouble to the new user. Be careful. You can put EM in Stealth Mode (No tray icon and no EM window visible) when EM starts by putting a check in this box. You can also set the stealth mode on from the EM tray icon menu. Once it is invisible, the only way to get EM back is to press and hold the “Scroll Lock” key. You might have to hold it down for as long as 30 seconds before EM will appear. This long delay is there because you may have this program running on a system that is used by others. They may use the scroll lock key for something, who knows for what, but possibly something. The odds are that a simple press of the scroll lock key will not make EM visible except by accident, and that is near impossible to do. So, just be patient if it happens. This feature allows you to monitor a system without others messing with the monitoring program. Used with the other selections available here can run the FAH client, hide it, run the EM program and hide it too. You can check on progress etc. by simply pressing the scroll lock key, viewing the EM window, then setting it back to stealth from the tray icon menu.

Scott
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    heh ...when all else fails dig the instructions from the garbage!!! :thumbsup:

Can you post the contents of your client.cfg file? You can copy and paste it from notepad and it should look something like this:

[settings]
    username=csimon
    team=93
    asknet=no
    bigpackets=yes
    machineid=1
    local=512

[http]
    active=no
    host=localhost
    port=8080
    usereg=no

[core]
    checkpoint=30
    ignoredeadlines=yes
    priority=0
    cpuusage=100
    disableassembly=no

[clienttype]
    type=2
    nonet=yes

[power]
    battery=no
    edited May 2005
    I held Scroll Lock for 1 minute and nothing came up.

Here is unitinfo.txt:
    [PHP]
    Current Work Unit
    Name: p885_p53dimer885
    Download time: May 22 02:37:45
    Due time: June 30 02:37:45
    Progress: 28% [||________]
    [/PHP]

And here is the client.cfg file:
    [PHP]
    [settings]
    username=SpywareShooter
    team=93
    asknet=yes
    bigpackets=no
    machineid=1

[http]
    active=no
    host=localhost
    port=8080
    usereg=yes

[/PHP]
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited May 2005
    Well, looks like its a folding.
    edited May 2005
    Yeah, it does. The EMIII stats made me think it wasn't though.
    edited May 2005
    looks like the gui config ....perhaps you should reconfig and check out the advanced options.
    edited May 2005
    How do I do that?
    edited May 2005
    Anyone know how to get EMIII back? Still stuck in stealth mode.

Holding 'Scroll Lock' hasn't worked either :shakehead

Thanks
    edited May 2005
    How do I do that?
    stop the client.
    delete the client.cfg file only.
    restart the client.
    when/if it asks for advanced setup during configuration choose yes.
    edited May 2005
    Anyone know how to get EMIII back? Still stuck in stealth mode.

Holding 'Scroll Lock' hasn't worked either :shakehead

Thanks

"Sometimes the Scroll Lock key method doesn't work. If it doesn't, make a copy of any file in the EM III folder. Rename the file to: show.me and wait. EM III will show up within 30 seconds every single time without fail."
    edited May 2005
    What file(s) need to be changed to show.me?

Thanks
    edited May 2005
    put any file in there. Any junk file. Create a new text document called show.me and move it into the folder.

The point is, it doesn't matter what file it is - if EM3 sees a file called "show.me" it will show itself.
    edited May 2005
    Thanks prime, it's working now :)
    edited May 2005
    OK I figured it out. You need to go into taskmanager's "Applications" section then click Switch To on EMIII and hold scroll lock.
    edited May 2005
    Hey SS, have you completed a WU yet?

Your name isn't showing up on any of the stats pages.

Just worndering :thumbsup: