SATA not detected

edited May 2005 in Hardware
Hi, 1st time using this Forum!
I have a double 36,7GB Sata WD360GD hard drives, connected in parallel. My BIOS cannot detect them on its main page as primary neither secondary drives,(can detect them in the Booting page), and when I try to reinstall Windows (after booting from CD) it cannot find them. The weird thing is that I can boot from them, and see them when Windows is running, but when I need to reinstall Windows on them, they aren’t being detected somehow. I haven’t done the 1st installation of Windows so I have no idea how they made it. Anyone can help me out here? I will be gratefull!:)

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    At the beginning of XP install you need to watch fo the "F6" to install devices. (this is very easy to miss if you are not paying attention as it is at the bottom of the screen at the very biginning and you need to hit F6 a few times before the F2 message hits the screen. Insert floppy w/ drivers and follow prompts.

Also, the reason it may not be showing in bios is it may be being picked up in a separate raid bios which you enter separately from the system bios. What board is it?
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited May 2005
    Jackal

What motherboard do you have. Do you know the SATA controller you are using? EG: SI3114 or nVIDIA?

Reason is that SI3114 is quite easy. You can get the SATA drivers from your install disk or the siliconimage website or our downloads page on the www.short-media.com

If it is the nVIDIA NF4 chipset for SATA...it can be a pain but we do have a solution that does work.

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?p=279763#post279763