No capture driver is available

SiggySiggy Sydney Australia
edited May 2005 in Internet & Media
OK, first of all i am totally new at this so please bear with me!!

I have a Sony TRV 20E DV Camcorder. I have recently purchased a generic PCI Firewire card.

Whenever I try to capture DV i get the error message "No capture driver is available"

What am I doing wrong? I feel it must be something simple!!

The Firewire card is recognised in the Device Manager with no errors or problems showing!

thanks

Siggy

Comments

• edited May 2005
    Did you install any software the camcorder came with? What application is giving you this error?
  • SiggySiggy Sydney Australia
    edited May 2005
    Wow thanks for the quick response!!

The cam came with Picture Gear, only used for getting the pics from the memory stick. The Firewire card came with a Taiwan copy of Ulead Video studio, I have installed an english SE version of Video studio and Ulead Disc creator that came with my DVD recorder.

Video studio - either no video capture driver is installed in this system or no device is connected

Ulead DVD Movie Factory - No capture driver is available in the system

Nero 6 - Failed to load the capturing subsystem

Hope this helps!!!!

Cheers
  • edited May 2005
    Well in order to get a video feed from your camera to your computer, you'll need a capture driver. If there is one for your camera (and I'm willing to bet there is), it will either be in one of the CDs your camera came with, and/or Sony's website.
    edited May 2005
    I bought the camera off ebay and it didnt come with any cd, so I will check the Sony website and let you know how I go!

Thanks for that, I thought it would be something relatively simple!!

cheers

Siggy
    edited May 2005
    :scratch:

Nope I cant find any software for use with the camera. XP is meant to recognise it straight away. and doesnt, I am now at a total loss

:shakehead
  • edited May 2005
    Call Sony?

I know the UK's Sony website is a big pain to navigate in compairison to USA's. I couldn't even find one for Australia.
    edited May 2005
    There isnt one for australia, and all the others dont have any drivers for the webcam. I have found this is a very common problem, with no solution as yet.
    It must be a drivers issue, but what? where? and how?

totally frustrated!