SM LAN 2005 Official Games suggestion thread!!!

pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
edited June 2005 in Community
Well here we are again, another year older and ready for some more SM Lan gaming. Of course all games are welcome at the LAN (mantouch pending ;D ) but we need to set forth some official games for some tourneys and general group fragging. Once we set on a few, its generally reccomended to have it because thats what most everyone will be playing. As of now it seems like a few obvious ones and then beyond that, who knows!

UT2K4
Half Life 2
CS: Source
Some Type of Battlefield game ?
Doom3?

Last year was spent with a large emphasis on UT, this year I have a feeling it'll be HL2. Any good RTS's out there? Last year there was some sporadic C&C and the like, but nothing huge.

Also tourney ideas will be accepted, but not necessarily listened to ;D Last year we did a UT2K4 one that was pretty fun, but it took a dream team of SMers to take down a single Sharky. Send the ideas in!!!

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Scratch doom 3.. It's only 8 players, and lags like crazy with any more.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Yeah, I have no exp with it, so I was throwing it out there.

Also, Warhammer 40k would make a good RTS. Talk about CRAZY
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I definitely want to have another UT2k4 tournament. It's still extremely fun. I would also love to play HL2MP.

RTS - i'm wide open. I have no experience with RTS games. I'll let somebody else chime in on those. As long as we have at least one UT2k4 tourny, i'm a happy camper.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    BF: Desert Combat
    BF: Vietnam?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I think Desert Combat would be spiffy. And I definitely agree with Prime on UT2K4.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Been Fly Choopers ever since last LAN.... :cool:
    edited May 2005
    Yes, definitely BF. Will BF2 be out by then?

PS: I moved this thread into the attendees forum.
    edited May 2005
    Yes, definitely BF. Will BF2 be out by then?

PS: I moved this thread into the attendees forum.

Yeah, noticed that. Confused the heck outta me for a minute there
    ;D
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    BF:Desert Combat sounds like a good choice to me, same with HL2MP. CS:Source would be fun as well.

As for RTS...

VICTORIA

No, I wouldn't subject any of you to that. Rise of Nations is fun.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited May 2005
    Red-Rover was always super fun

so was musical chairs
    edited May 2005
    Clutch wrote:
    Red-Rover was always super fun

so was musical chairs

OOOOHHH. We should do a musical chairs video. We'll hype it up the rest of the site as our uber l337 gaming competition. ;D
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited May 2005
    haha, that would be great.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I definetly want a big game of warhammer 40k... too many FPSs on the list so far...

The only FPS I really like id HL2DM, but I'm strange...
    edited June 2005
    SM Byted

(SM Bitten?)
  • SewerTrooprSewerTroopr Ann Arbor, Michigan
    edited June 2005
    My votes

FPS: Halo PC

RTS: Rome Total War

I don't have a strong opinion about FPS games. They all kinda seem the same to me (shoot & frag with some vehicles to mix it up). So, Halo PC is my pick but I'll play whatever.

In contrast, I feel that Rome Total War blows away the other RTS stuff out there. I've played the full campaigns for Starcraft/Broodwars, Warcraft III/Frozen Throne, plus a bunch of Command & Conquer titles. There's simply no comparison. It's not that the other RTS stuff is bad, it's that Rome Total War is so good.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2005
    Age Of Empires II, anyone? :)
    edited June 2005
    I'll play some AoE2 with you...

...now where did I put that disk?...
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I'm armed with all the games I think, finally bought Half Life 2, got UT2k4 ($12 on gogamer! still standing as my best video game deal evar), Battlefield/DC (I dont have BF: Vietnam tho if we're playing that...)

I love C&C Generals and that's an extremely fun LAN game if anybody wants to get a game of that going. And I'll 3rd on AoE, that game rules at LANs as well.

At our LAN's we've played Worms World Party the last few times, that game is so simple but so awesome with a bunch of people.
    edited June 2005
    Team Nexlia got angry and decided to never play Generals again, because there was no way to save your game in case of a crash, and this is frustrating...
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Are we going to be playing battlefield or battlefield2? I'm going to pick up ut2k4 from gogamer (9.90 this week), and I was planning on ordering other games as well.
    edited June 2005
    Well, for sure we'll be playing BF 1942 with the desert combat mod, since most people who are coming still have it from last year.

As for BF2, i'm not sure. I'll make a poll