Which DVD to get?

edited May 2005 in Hardware
Hi, i'm just contemplating whether to get a NEC 3520A dvd writer or Pioneer -109 dvd writer. I've have read problems with the nec writer not burning under windows service pack 2 and my friend also have the same problem. I"m using service pack 2 now, and I want to get a dvd writer to be able to work with it, I know it work under service pack 1. Should I go for pioneer or nec?

Thanks for you suggestions

Comments

• AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
    edited May 2005
    I have the NEC 3520A and I love it. :thumbsup: I'm using SP2 and I burn DVD's all the time, never had a problem.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    The NEC is the superior burner. It's faster, more accurate, and more likely to play in a variety of set-top players. My brother is on XP SP2, and it works fine.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Get the NEC. You won't be disappointed!
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I also have a NEC 3250A on SP2 and it works fine. I still haven't had a coaster.
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited May 2005
    As an alternative I recommend the LG drives. I've got 3 of them and never a problem with them. I've had one going for over a year now. It's $1 more than the NEC though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827136046#DetailSpecs
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    NEC here...no probs
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited May 2005
    I have an LG im loving it :D.
  • edited May 2005
    thanks for all your recommendations, I think i go and get a NEC burner :D