Putting OGM files on DVD

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited May 2005 in Internet & Media
I'd like to put some OGM videos on DVD so I can watch them on my TV without having to use my TV as a second monitor. Curious how I can go about doing this....

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Wait, you want to play OGM files from a set top DVD player, on a TV? Or what?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Yeah, basically create a DVD that I can put in my DVD player so I can watch it on my TV.
    edited May 2005
    So you want to convert the OGM files to a DVD format?

/me sighs at the really long tutorial he forgot to write.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Yes sir, I do sir! :thumbsup:
    edited May 2005
    Alright, first you need to tell me what codec the movie is by running it through a program called GSPot.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Nifty program....

Opps...
    DiVX 5.0 (DX50)
    edited May 2005
    Alright, next you need to get a copy of a program called VirtualDubMod.

Open the video file. If it pops up a warning about the header, tell it no. Separate the video and the audio into two seperate files by doing the following:

Go to streams -> stream list. Right click on the audio entry in the new box, and switch to full processing mode. Click save WAV and save it as whatever you want... You'll need a bit of disk space as it's going to decompress the OGM into a WAV for reencoding.

Next, hit the disable button and close the streams list. Go to video -> full processing. Then go to Save As.. On the save screen, change the video mode to Direct Stream Copy, then name it whatever you want and save.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    when I first opened the video file it gives an error saying "Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'DX50' (unknown).

I managed tow orkw ith the sound, but no video. I have the all in one codecs installed, dunno what I did wrong though.
    edited May 2005
    DX50 is DiVX5. You have DiVX, specifically, installed?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I figured it came with the All in One Codec Pack.... and with the fact that I can watch the videos I thought I did have them.
    edited May 2005
    No, you have a general-purpose MPEG4 codec.. Probably FFDShow. It isn't enough.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    what do I need?
    edited May 2005
    DiVx..