RAID problem!! help asap!

RiddickRiddick Malaysia Icrontian
edited May 2005 in Hardware
hello guys,

im trying to reformat a friends pc but im having problems with the RAID function built in.
so yeah at first i tried putting in one of my harddisks on the secondary ide slots which prompted the sata raid configs to get screwed (i didnt know it was on raid, i mean its connected to the IDE connectors!).. so now i cant have the secondary ide slot work at all!! the motherboard doesnt detect the drives on primary and secondary IDE slots either via IDE but still boots to windows. the weird thing is the RAID utility on startup doesnt give me any option to disable it or anything.

i tried disabling the raid function via windows in device manager and i finally could detect my hdds on the primary ide slot but when i reconnected my cd drives back to the secondary ide slot (tried switching ide cables as well), all drives are not detected again. however, the cd drives are detected if there is nothing connected to the primary ide slots. clearing the bios didnt help either

how do i REMOVE all sata raid settings and make this motherboard work with IDE only??

motherboard used : Asus P4V8X-X

need help asap!! TIA

riddick.

Comments

• TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited May 2005
    try disabling the sata controller in the bios.

Tex
  • RiddickRiddick Malaysia Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    i cant seem to locate the sata controller option in the BIOS ( american megatrends).. nevertheless ill have another look again.. in the meantime do you guys have any other ideas on this ?
  • RiddickRiddick Malaysia Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    ahh okay guys got it fixed.. i reflashed the bios to latest version and the mysterious option to disable the RAID appeared... though the weird configuration for the IDE cables bugged me for a while.. i got it fixed sooner or later. (the IDE cables had to orientation backwards.. with the pin 1 being at the opposite side at the mobo connector..) weird stuff.. ! :mullet: