UPGRADE Time

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited May 2005 in Hardware
I'm goping to be selling two or three of my bottom end PC's (AMD 2100+, 2400+, maybe the 2700+). I'll still have the 2800+ and the 3000+ but I want to buy a AMD 64 system.

Here's what I have right now.... any comments?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    No DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra board?
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I have a nice (newer) ATI 9800 Extreme AGP card.... Still need to play (pay) it off. Everyone seems to be suggesting the MSI board for AGP. But my experience with AMD 64 is limited and so are the 939 roundup reviews...
  • edited May 2005
    Personally, if it were me I'd pay the $25 more and get the retail chip just to have a warranty, I was looking on newegg's site just now and the OEM chip has no mention of a warranty of any kind and that bothers me.

You'd think if it at least offered a 90 day warranty they'd mention it.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Then I could drop the Heatsink... I don't plan on overclocking.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    The Retail HSF is probbly better than the one you losefd to begin with also. I would really suggest you try to go w/ an NF4 board and if you have an old PCI vid card you could use that untill you could recoup your 9800. You will end up spending more later to switch than take whatever loss you may incur on your current card now if you sell it.
  • edited May 2005
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Then I could drop the Heatsink... I don't plan on overclocking.

Yeah, then it's only a $5.00 increase in price really, and for 5 bucks the 3 year warranty is good peace of mind.