slipping production

edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
edited September 2003 in Folding@Home
Is your production down?
A month ago I was tuning 100-110 points/day.
Now I am in the 80-90 range.
It looks like I will be able to hold my team position,
but I am not going to be able to stay in the top 2000 of all folders.
That has been my personal benchmark for a long time.
Any thoughts about boosting production? I am at the limits of my OC and it will be a few months before a new box is possible.

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2003
    Mine is up. I added a few machines.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    I think he was refering to having not changed anything.........

I wouldn't notice though to be honest, as the last time I folded was when we were getting 1, 2 or even if you are lucky, 3 points for a work unit, not this pansy 80pt carp.

NS
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    You have it NS, I haven't changed a thing.
    My boxes were down for a week while I was in China and now I am having trouble getting production up.
    But no they are not 80 pts, only 30 or 40
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2003
    Well if you are then so is everyone else then.

Make sure you are using -advmethods for all machines and -forceasm for AMDs.
  • edited September 2003
    keep up with the protein points page to see why your average has gone down. For now it's just because the majority of gromacs being put out by the servers are the 30~40 range and not the 50~70 like it use to be a month+ ago. Also take notice of your daily/weekly points divided by number of proteins. Daily if you have lots of machines and weekly if just one or two. Plot that and you get to see how your production is affected by Stanford's point assignment. Work units used to be worth just 1 or 2 points ya know :)