something wrong with my display??

iHatePopUpsiHatePopUps Singapore
edited June 2005 in Hardware
I recently changed my PC into a new one and I found out that some graphical things are somewhat funny. When i play some games, it seems like the animation is FFed (Fast-forwarded). For example, Shattered Galaxy. During the creation of my character or the purchase of units, the animated pictures of them are supposed to show them walking at a moderate speed. But on my PC, they walk like as if there's no tomorrow. It's like you're watching something on video cassatte and you fast forward while watching, but it only happens to SOME programs, and in this case, the sound and everything else is alright, only the animations are weird. Another example is when I run a PS1 emulator. The whole game is running at like 2x the actual speed, even the sound. Is this something wrong with my PC or is it my video? Can anyone help me fix this?

Comments

• gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited May 2005
    do you have the latest DirectX

try turning down the HW acceleration and then give it a try

also try changing the power schemes to always on

another idea ;) make sure v-sync in enabled
  • iHatePopUpsiHatePopUps Singapore
    edited May 2005
    Hmmm...nothing seems to work...Haha...wonder what's really wrong...
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited May 2005
    um, is it just on old games that you have this issue? Maybe the game is just too old, and it's runnning too fast, especially if you have a powerful machine. I'm sure I vaguely remember being able to get a program that would slow down your machine (no, not windows) so that you could play older games.... not sure what it was though.
    edited May 2005
    well....i don't think that's the case...becuz Shattered Galaxy is not that old a game..haha...but thanks for the suggestion...wonder if anyone else is facing the same prob..lol
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    PSX emulators are notoriously buggy. There's probably nothing you can do.

Furthermore, Shattered Galaxy is quickly approaching 5 years old.. That's ancient in the gaming world.
    edited June 2005
    Hmmm....i guess all of u guys have a point...*sigh*