Great monitor ~ YES/NO?

yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
edited May 2005 in Hardware
I found this 19" Envision brand monitor at CompUSA. I don't think I've heard of this brand before. Any opinions, or if you don't have one, just say something anyway.

CompUSA link

Manufacturer's Direct Link (to the exact page)

This seems like a pretty good price to me, to make a dual monitor setup, and future "resist" a new system that would need a new monitor. What do you all think about it? I'm looking forward to good news, but bad news is welcome if you really don't like it. ;)

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited May 2005
    My buddy has one its not bad but not great hes had it going for a year no problems.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited May 2005
    Ok thanks, any more opinions?

By the way, some things that caught my eye were the 85hertz refresh at 1280x1024, and 3 year warranty. My current 19" Samsung only goes 75 at 1280x1024.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2005
    For $100 it's hard to go wrong. The only thing I'd be careful of is the $90 rebate. CompUSA has gotten better, but they used to border on criminal negligence when it came to their rebates. Just make sure you follow the rebate instructions to the letter and document everything.
  • edited May 2005
    Envision is a pretty crummy brand. When it comes to monitors (especially Envision brand) you'll get what you pay for.

My sister has one of those. It's very hard to stare at for longer than a couple minutes. I suggest you look for a place that has the monitor on display and compare it to other brans yourself before you buy anything.

Merkortech.com has 19" Trinitron flat-screens for that price range as well. They're used monitors, but all of us here who have bought from them (I myself bought two) would agree they might as well be brand-spankin' new.

EDIT: If you think that Envision POS is nice, this will be MORE than good enough!
  • edited May 2005
    Ya, on rebates you wanna copy the info as well. just incase. I did a rebate on my mobo on a chaintech mobo for $60! and never got it!!! it was suppose to be $10!!!! AHH that was the only one i never got out of like 20 rebates
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    TheSmJ wrote:
    Envision is a pretty crummy brand. When it comes to monitors (especially Envision brand) you'll get what you pay for.

My sister has one of those. It's very hard to stare at for longer than a couple minutes. I suggest you look for a place that has the monitor on display and compare it to other brans yourself before you buy anything...
    y youngest step-son has one and if you stare at it long enough you can almost see color and a picture behind the grill. But the headach will certainly keep you from trying it again! :shakehead