TCCD memory...

MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
edited August 2005 in Hardware
I was thinking of getting OCZ EL Plat. Rev. 2 memory for my new system, so I was looking at some reviews for it. It seems OCZ has switch to TCC5 for this line of memory. (TCCD was discontinued by Samsung, right?) So far I've heard that this memory will do up to DDR466 instead of >DDR500 like the TCCD. So, a couple questions:
1. Will this hamper my overclocking efforts on a DFI LP nf4 board with a venice processor? I get the feeling I really shouldn't worry about it.

2. Is anyone still selling TCCD-type memory?

Comments

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Hi there,

You won't see as good 3200 TCC5 as you did with the TCCD version of it. Basically, if you wan't 250-260+, you need the higher binned memorys.
  • OrianeOriane Turn around.
    edited August 2005
    I decided to bump this because of the title-

I have to admit my ignorance here and ask for help. If you may have covered this topic once before, my searches are turning up a sea it's probably swimming in- please drop a link or few. I'm in that frustrating spot where everything I've seen assumes I know something I don't :confused:

1. Help me understand, please. What does TCCD mean technically? (TCC5 too if it will fit)

I tried looking it up on Google- is TCCD the CAS-to-CAS Delay Time? I assume your useage must be more specific because I thought all DDR memory had this.

2. Hopefully the answer to 1. will help say why it is so special.

3. Is Samsung the only maker?

4. Many sites are NOT helpful in specifying this or the chip makers in their memory. What can you tell me that would help me identify it when I shop somewhere that does not? Is there a master key, numbering, or table I can use?

5. Are there any 1GB sticks (I'm thinking 2 x 1GB) of this? Newegg only shows 2 x 512MB for anything with TCCD in it.

I'm afraid I'm not up on this and it is like the last step in scoping out a new system.

Thank you!
    edited August 2005
    TCCD is the name of the IC made by samsung only and used to come in both 512 and 256mb sticks. However, no 1GB were ever made of these chips. Cas to cas delay has nothing to do with the name tccd. Cas to cas delay is a specific timing between the memory and the cpu/memory controller.

Do you want 2X1GB?
    edited August 2005
    Yes- I'm doing video editting and added memory has made a big difference- I'm looking for the best way to maximize my memory size yet still have speed- thanks.

BTW- I've decided on an AMD64-X2
    edited August 2005
    There are several options available. OCZ have just released a PC4000 kit of 2X1GB and i got the kit today actually.
    edited August 2005
    Thank you very much Mack for EXCELLENT answers- and the recommendation

:D
    edited August 2005
    I am gonna torture the kit and i'll hopefully have a few results this weekend, but a customer just emailed me with a result on his kit which he got today. 265 prime stable. Still on loose timings, but that's always workable. Not bad at all for 2GB of ram.