LCD image quality

GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
edited June 2005 in Hardware
Hi everybody !

I've just talk to one of my friends and tell him about my new PC.

When it comes to the monitor i tell him that i've chose a LCD SAMSUNG 915N 19'', he tell me that was not a good choice and that LCD 19"" monitor are the worst screen to buy because of the 1280*1024 dimension that makes the pixel a little bigger (& so on he continue argumenting on this way...)

Personnaly im sure he his wrong because I've read a lot about this screen and it seems to provide some incedible image quality and gaming experience... But i want to ask you about it just to be 100% sure and have your opinion :thumbsup: What do you think about it ? Does my friend is wrong ? Hope so cuz im hoping for the best image quality as possible with this screen and if it's a deception to my eyes i'll be quite disapointed :(

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    He's right. The native resolution for most 19" and 17" LCDs are the same (1280x1024), and if one display is bigger than the other, the only way for the 19" to be bigger is to make the pixels bigger.
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited June 2005
    Damn :bawling:
    edited June 2005
    Hope it wont be too visible in my hardcore gaming session.... :(

Maybe the pixel are bigger but that did not affect the quality of the image THAT much... Cuz when i saw review like this one from anandtech i cannot say that my choice was a bad choice... *sigh* Well... i'll see it soon enough when i'll recieve it next week... :bawling:

edit : link added :rolleyes:
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Go to a compusa/best buy and look at a 17 and 19 from the same brand. If you can't tell the difference, you're golden. If you can, then you need to decide what you want to do.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    For gaming the response time is a bigger issue than resolution.

Tips for running on an LCD.
    Make sure that you are using the native resolution and color depth. Don't make it interpolate.
    Try different settings. Keep the brightness down.
    edited June 2005
    Thankx for the tips edcentric

Well... i've been reading EVERY review of that screen that i coul found and it seems that everyone agree that this LCD screen is the best one on the market for gaming purpose... Got like 9-9.5 / 10 in review that i've read. Seems like the bigger pixel does not mean much there as the final result is appreciate by every hardware reviewer that test it. :D

That's give me hope :)

It's my first LCD screen so i hope i'll be happy with that choice :p