underclocking back to stock multiplier

sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
edited June 2005 in Hardware
SOMEHOW, and I reeally don't know how, my cpu got overclocked. The current multiplier is 25 x 102, and that makes it 2550mhz. My celeron is supposed to be 2500mhz. In my BIOS, the cpu clock stuff is locked/greyed out so I can't change anything!! how can i change this??!!

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Put the FSB back to 100. Done.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    SOMEHOW, and I reeally don't know how, my cpu got overclocked. The current multiplier is 25 x 102, and that makes it 2550mhz. My celeron is supposed to be 2500mhz. In my BIOS, the cpu clock stuff is locked/greyed out so I can't change anything!! how can i change this??!!

Advice-- If it works, leave it alone. I run intel processors here that are OC'd more-- not Celerons, but they are OC'd to a greater percentage.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited June 2005
    Thrax wrote:
    Put the FSB back to 100. Done.

ok i specifically said that I cant change it in the BIOS. I'm asking for another way to do it. please read the post
    edited June 2005
    soooo.. thats all i get?? nobody else knows how to underclock out of bios....
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited June 2005
    the 2 MHz is probably just a discrepancy on your motherboard, I wouldn't worry too much about it. my processor varies +/- a couple of MHz all the time, it's no biggie. I'm guessing it's locked at 102MHz because that's as close as your board can get to 100MHz for some reason (fluctuations from your PSU perhaps).
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited June 2005
    Advice-- If it works, leave it alone. I run intel processors here that are OC'd more-- not Celerons, but they are OC'd to a greater percentage.
    :thumbsup:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    ok i specifically said that I cant change it in the BIOS. I'm asking for another way to do it. please read the post

I feel it's unlikely that the option is at 102, but there's no way to chance it back. Aside from that, you said your CPU had an overclocked multiplier right in the title of your post, so I assumed you were looking at multipliers which <i>would</i> be greyed out on an Intel chip.
    edited June 2005
    deicist wrote:
    the 2 MHz is probably just a discrepancy on your motherboard, I wouldn't worry too much about it. my processor varies +/- a couple of MHz all the time, it's no biggie. I'm guessing it's locked at 102MHz because that's as close as your board can get to 100MHz for some reason (fluctuations from your PSU perhaps).
    oh ok... I was just going to see if it was possible to change back to rule out that the OC'd pc was causing some problems. but since the OC is so little, yall are probably right that the cpu is not the problem. Luckily after the video card drivers update, the computer has been running fine (so far).
    so I assumed you were looking at multipliers which would be greyed out on an Intel chip.
    yes thats right