Lrand?!?

edited June 2005 in Hardware
my computer has ramdomly been crashing. A blue screen comes up but dissapears to fast to read. when the computer restarts a send erior report comes up. So i click send and it takes me to mirosoft online crash analysis and tells me to download windows Memory Diagnostic so i do and run the program and it tells me that my LRAND is failing the test.... i have no idea what that is i believe it has somthing to do with the RAM but i am not sure if it is a RAM problem or a Motherbord problem i have 1 gig of RAM and my mother bored is a ASUS please help i have no idea whats wrong....

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2005
    Run MemTest v3.2 and see what that says. :)
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Its definitily a memory issue. MemTest should confirm the results. Your ram probably has a lifetime warranty, RMA it if MemTest also shows it failing on LRAND, which is just random letter tests on your ram.
  • edited June 2005
    i ran MemTest v3.2 and it said i had like 36 errors. i have two sticks of ram that make up 1 gig but i am not sure which one is messing up if no both is there any why i can figure out which one with out just pulling on out and testing it that way?
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2005
    yes, isolate the different sticks of memory by having only one in at a time.

if both sticks exhibit errors when tested individually, you may want to see if you can borrow some known good ram from someone else before you go and replace your faulty sticks of ram. on occassion, a faulty power supply or motherboard can create the symptoms of bad memory