int 19 boot on p4s8x

edited June 2005 in Hardware
hi my brothers computer is having a booting problem, it started after it shut off it self and now when it goes to the windows xp screen it restarts, its a p4 2.4 ghz, 512 mb ram and asus mobo p4s8x, i used my post card diagnostic test card, it said it was the int. 19 boot, and i was researching about and it said that either a new card was put in but wasnt compatible with the flash32 but my bro didnt put any thing new in the computer. does any one have and idea to fix this?

Comments

• qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited June 2005
    Could you download memtest from www.memtest86.org and run it? This will allow us to eliminate ram as a possible source of the problem. You need to run the "full test" at least once.

What else does he have in his system and what's his powersupply (make, model and power rating).

Also forgot to ask, were there any other symptoms before it stopped booting into windows?
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited June 2005
    Check the bios settings and see if you can disable the bot trapping of int 19.

Its needed with some bios's when using add-on scsi or sata/ide raid controllers and stuff.

You might try clearing the bios.

Tex
  • edited June 2005
    thanks guys for the help, i talk to my boss at my work he said it might be my ACPCI and also it could be my windows. so today im goin to format and see if it works and if it doesnt ill try your guys ideas. but mostly im thinkin the problem is the ACPCI
    thanks guys :D
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited June 2005
    Your windows wouldnt keep it from booting.

Good luck

Tex