MB available !!

MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
edited June 2005 in Folding@Home
Hey I was just thinking (scary thought I know). I'm pulling an Abit IC7-MAX3 out if my wifes machine Friday and replacing it with a new ECS 865 board. She hardly ever turns her computer on and this MB started losing it's CMOS. It happens when it's off for more than a couple of days (and yes I changed the battery ;D ) The board runs fine other than this minor issue. I would gladly donate this into the Smx stock of parts if you think it's worth having around. If not I will just toss it. Good possibility it has a leaking cap. Known issue with these boards. It is about 14 months old. Of course it slid by the 12 month mark in fine shape.

Let me know or if anyone else wants it.

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2005
    Any parts can be donated and sent to prof.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    and the SMx project definitely wants it :)
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Okay the board is out and available. If Prof could PM an address I'll ship it out.

I Checked the caps and they all look okay. No swelled and no visible leaking.

It does hold cmos for a few hours with the standy power on it. Should be a fine folder. I also found the CMOS jumper was off a pin so I guess it could actually be okay, but a deal's a deal.

New board seems to be working fine.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2005
    Ygpm :D
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I will follow Missleman's lead and donate a P4 board I have laying around. It's not as nice but a CPU should be easy to come by for this one as it's a 133 fsb board. I beleive it's an Intel 845PE board.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    thanks so much you guys! We'll be at sm32 or with these donations! :D
    edited June 2005
    Got the board from Missileman. Thanks a bunch, buddy. :D

Thanks to prime's donation of a couple of XP2000+ CPU's I think we'll have it running soon. If the caps turn out to be problematic I'll give the old soldering iron a workout. :ninja:
    edited June 2005
    Ya'll are welcome on the board, but I hope you aren't gonna try to put those AMD processors into Pentium IV motherboards !!! :scratch::)

Might be a bit of a compatability issue there ;D;D;D
    edited June 2005
    Missileman wrote:
    ...I hope you aren't gonna try to put those AMD processors into Pentium IV motherboards ...
    Ahhh...a little time on the grindstone, some hacksaw trimming, plus a smidgen of dynamite and I'll get 'em in there. :ninja:

...anybody got a P4 to donate?... :hiding:;D
    edited June 2005
    It was said you were good with the soldering iron :) I just never realized HOW GOOD :thumbsup:
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Sorry for the delay. I need Prof to PM me his address so I can get this one out the door. ;)
  • edited June 2005
    BTW, if it's still losing the bios settings, Abit warrants their motherboards for 2 years, not 1 year. So if it's acting up it can be RMA'd. It will just have to come from Missileman, since he's the one that bought it and all he actually has to do is fill in the e-rma stuff at Abit's forum, with prof's address. :cool:
    edited June 2005
    mtgoat wrote:
    Sor...I need Prof to PM me his address so I can get this one out the door. ;)
    Done. :)
    muddocktor wrote:
    BTW, if it's still losing the bios settings, Abit warrants their motherboards for 2 years, not 1 year. So if it's acting up it can be RMA'd. It will just have to come from Missileman, since he's the one that bought it and all he actually has to do is fill in the e-rma stuff at Abit's forum, with prof's address. :cool:
    Just let me know if/when that happens. :thumbsup: