Question about AIW 9800pro and console gaming

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited June 2005 in Hardware
I've experienced a lag of about 1/2 a second when i hook up my game cube to my computer using the AIW9800 pro..for instance, i press left in F-Zero and the car veers to the left half a second later

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited June 2005
    Whats your cpu and cpu useage.

Also ram is very imporent when using your computer as a tv (at least 300mb of unused ram or it studders like your having a problem with)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I'm experiencing a lag of several months in between WuGG sightings.. Any advice? :D;D
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    uhhh..the wugg sightings...well... uhhh...gotta go!
    lol
    well, with school and the addition to me being on the rugby team, i had very little time to do much more than school work, practice, work out, play rugby, etc...the fact is i havnt had a moments rest up until recently when school was let out...and even now things r a bit hectic...so anyways...
    i have a p4 2.53ghz
    1gig of crucial ram, pc2100 (could that be the problem)
    also, ive noticed that in the Smartgart tab in my in my
    (Display->ssettings->advanced->smartgart) that the agp speed is set to off, and anytime i put it on 8x and restart, it goes back to off.. (i also have a p4x400 soyo dragon mobo with the vlink8x on, as well as fast write on)
    so anyways any suggestions?
    edited June 2005
    That should be fine :S

Is your pc clean of spyware (highly doute that will cause this im just out of ideas here)
    edited June 2005
    yeah im sure i mm free of spyware, i gotta scan though... i upped my page file...it didnt do anything... and the mem usage never went above like 260megs...any reason why its not going up higher than that while the "tv" is turned on?

as a side note... how do i stop folding from folding..i dled the new client and i dont want it to fold while im testing this stuff out (lags my comp) i ctrl alt delted it and it keeps popping up...how do i pause it or whatever (i sewt it up to go on bootup)
    edited June 2005
    run msconfig
    uncheck folding at home
    edited June 2005
    thanks guys...but it seems that none of this helped...and ATI didnt give me a good answer either...so i guess ill call them tomorrow or sumthing
    edited June 2005
    would the type of connection matter into the compuiter..im using the RFU adapter (the same thaing that the cable uses) in order to hook it up...would it be different if i used the S-vdeo...if so...i need to find a break out box cuz i ordered this refurbished and OEM :(