anyone else have this problem

edited November 2005 in Hardware
i can't get BF1942 Desert Combat to work well in 64bit so i unplug my hard drive that has 64 bit and plug in the 32 bit XP but i dont wanna have to do that anyone fix the 64 bit issue

Comments

• edited August 2005
    man what you are trying to do, please rephrase your question, with complete details.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    viper268 wrote:
    man what you are trying to do, please rephrase your question, with complete details.

He's trying to run BF on WinXP 64 but it's not running well.

WindowsXP 64 really isn't a gaming OS right now, infact considering 99% of the Drivers are Beta and Drivers still don't exist for most things, it isn't supprising it doesn't run too well, heh. Advice is to stick with 32bit XP till 64bit is properly supported.
  • edited August 2005
    ok, this is the solution to make your AMD a unicorn....

you are rite 64 bit XP is not well.

the solution is reinstall your games in the partition not the one you installed XP 32 or 64bit.

then reboot and install Xp 32bit again with formating the same drive which have XP, reinstall all the drivers.

thats it your computer is now F/14 tomcat.

when you run the game it creates a new registry with compatibility of 32bit version for amd.

i have done that with Shadow ops, 32bit version i dont need any patch for amd, coz i install all my games to another HD partition. i leave the OS partition with minimum softwares, and atleast 8 gigs free space to run.

if you are running a multiplayer game you need atleast 1 gig of DDR memory.

my specs are,

40 gb hd - 4 partition
    1 gig ram
    1 XP servicepack2
    K8V-mx Asus motherboard
    1.8 athlon.
  • edited October 2005
    Hmm.. runs fine for me.

Dunno why people says its "not a good gaming OS" .. it's better than the 32 Bit version for me.. in all 11 games I have installed I get just as good FPS or better, and the quality is much nicer.

A good tool (demo) to see how your PC performs with XP x64 Bit is the "AMD/Torc DreadNought Demo" .. it allows you to run "x64 Bit Enhanced Mode" / "64 Bit Mode" / "32 Bit Mode" / "32 Bit LAA Mode" .. it will show the performance benefits of 64 bit vs 32 bit.. quality wise and performance wise.

AMD64 Game Downloads: http://amd64andfarcry.gamedaemons.net/index.asp

AMD64/Torc DreadNought Demo (x64): http://amd64andfarcry.gamedaemons.net/dreadnought.asp

**You must have WinXP Pro x64 installed to use "64 Bit Modes" (it will run on 32 bit OS's, but only in 32 Bit modes, it runs both on WinXP Pro x64)

**You better have a "nice system" to run the 64 Bit modes, especially x64 Bit enhanced mode.. "recommended requirements" are Athlon64 FX / 2048mb memory / ATi 9800 256mb or nVidia 6800 series or above / Creative SoundCard (those are just "recommended", but trust me.. you need a system that's close to that for x64 Bit enhancemode, it's a resource hogging demo)
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited November 2005
    i have no idea why they say the either phat..i have had 64bit for almost a year now and all my games run GREAT on it....as far as the issue with BF42 not working on 64bit..no clue..GL :thumbsup: