Good Deal?

edited June 2005 in Hardware
My sister is going to college this year and is looking for a tablet pc. She wants an AMD processor (I've taught her well!) with at least 512 ram. She also cant spend much more than 1200. I did find this one but the brand isn't very well know. Does this seem like a good deal. Has anyone heard of the brand before. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Averatec-Tablet-Notebook-PC-AV3500T60-/sem/rpsm/oid/99593/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I need to know ASAP b/c the sale on this one runs out on saturday the 11th.
Thanks in advance!

bikerboy

Comments

• edited June 2005
    Seems like a good deal for the price, but I can't speak to Averatec or it's products.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I used to work at Office Depot, and we sold Averatec laptops. They actually seemed quite nice for the price. We sold quite a few of them, and never had a return. I can say, from my experience as the seller, that Averatec seems like a good brand.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    If you buy it from Circuit City, buy an extended warranty, and you'll be OK if it ever gets borked.

Looks pretty sweet. I'd get one myself if I had the spare cash.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    bikerboy,
    I was going to suggest that you google for reviews or check Epinions.com, but it looks like 88 people on the Circuit City website have reviewed/rated this tablet PC. I would say that an average score of 4.1 out of 5 is very good.
  • edited June 2005
    thanx for your help guys. I think this will convince my sister to get it.

bikerboy