P1140/41 super slow on AMD XP's?

qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
edited June 2005 in Folding@Home
Hey guys,

I've got a couple of these 600 point buggers running on t-breds @ 2.2 GHz. I'm only getting ~ 650 PPW currently (1 hour 27 minutes a frame!). Yet I have another 1140 crunching away @ 47 minutes / frame on my 1.4 P-M laptop. Anyone else noticed similar behaviour with these units? I know they're super memory hogs, but are they really that dependent on huge cache or SSE3?

Comments

• DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I've got an 1140 crunching away on my A64 3200+ at about 38 minutes a frame. The clock speed on my A64 is currently 2000mhz, so I would think the speeds should be somewhat close. How much ram is the f@h core using? When I'm workin gon one, it hovers around 100-110mb.
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited June 2005
    Yeah that's the same as on my AXP's, they're around 100 MB. My P-M is only using 60 MB though ..
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited June 2005
    I just checked my old logs, Ive got a T-bred b @ 2.2 and on an 1141 I was getting about 40 mins/frame. This is with 1 gig ram, and a dedicated folding box.

Is SSE enabled on that machine?
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited June 2005
    Somethign wierd happened on one of the machines and two F@H services were running. I didn't notice the other core running because it was at hte bottom of the process list. Its now down to 40 minutes / frame. I can't figure out what's wrong with the other one ..
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    i'm having the same problem on SM18 with p1140

2 hours and 20 minutes per frame - athlon 1700+ 1.47ghz

:confused:

any ideas?