SMLAN'05 Video Project

CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
edited June 2005 in Community
As you guys know, I like to think I'm good at making mini-films and such, some of your have probably seen a little tech/comedy show deal that I've done (and just started working on again - TGM /end shameless plug) so I'm planning on toting along my digital camcorder to grab a bunch of footage during the LAN. My goal of course is to be have everyone to be annoyed with me by the end of the LAN for I will go around with the camera talking to people to figure out who they are and such :)

I think it could be a lot of fun to get everybody in the video and have a recording of some of the events, not only will it be a cool thing for everybody to check out after they go to the LAN, but people who aren't able to attend might enjoy it as well.

Do you guys like this idea? Any opposition? I had intended to do this last year, but, as you know I wasn't able to go, but, I'm definitly attending this year so I really want to do this! I might make it a special short-media edition episode of TGM or something :)

I'm not sure how many minors will be there or if theres any people who wouldn't want to be in it, so I'm not sure if I should have people sign something or whatever so they know they'll be in a video that will eventually be ON THE INTARWEB for all short-medians to enjoy.

Your thoughts, questions, comments, let me know what you think.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Well you know that I am all about this. We talked about it last year, so I'm really happy we'll be able to do it this year. I have a camera as well so we can do like "multi camera shots" and make it all slick and professional as if we actually knew what we were doing. w00t for clueless people with professional video tools!
  • kittiekittie michigan Member
    edited June 2005
    :hiding:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I teach 2 week-long digital video camps for middle school and high school students over the summer and have access to all the equipment. You guys want Canon Opturas, GL1s, a GL2, hell maybe an XL1, lighting kits, mics, tripods... it can probably easily be arranged. I'd been mulling something similar but it sounds like Camman has a plan in action :)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    :eek: Well I'm sure I won't be the first to say "bring it all". I mean, yes, Camman will have this well in hand, but I am willing to bet that he would be ALL ABOUT getting his hands on a Canon GLx or an XL1... I know I would!

I have two tripods. One crappy and one awesome hardcore steel one from the 60's that is rock solid.
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    :eek2: GL1/GL2's !? Wow, I'm very jealous that you have access to that that type equipment. The camera I use a Sony DCR-TRV250 which is pretty much the lowest model digital camcorder made by sony 2 years ago, but, it's pretty decent and pretty robust for all the stuff I do even though not top notch.

I'll definitly be toting along my little camcorder, but anybody who wants to help me out with this little project or has any input, suggestions, or wants to bring along their own equipment and pool resources and put in their own stuff perhaps we can coordinate a joint effort. Whoever is interested in working on it with me is welcome or if you want to do you own thing, don't think I'm trying to stake the claim as the sole video coverage guy for the LAN :) but it might be cool to do a joint effort too.

I'll have to remember to send out my FireWire card along with all my other stuff so that I can preview my own or copy other people's footage to my PC at the LAN!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Remeber that I've had a lot of formal and informal training in Television. I've worked for two television stations, and still offer freeelance A/V services (although I haven't been able to accept any clients since I accepted this professor position (sigh)). I'm expert in FCP, and would even offer to bring some equipment if it didn't look like you've got it pretty well covered.

Last year I was to do a documentary on MillionManLAN in louiville (www.lanwar.com), however, my position at NKU was eliminated before the film could be finalised, so it still sits unfinished on the shelf. :(

On a related note:

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33664
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I'm all for it!!!! I'll be bringing my Camcorder also...