Problem with Hard Drives.

edited June 2005 in Hardware
Again, as the title states, I purchased a samsung 80 gig harddrive ( just a storage drive ) and it does not work with my old harddrive, as in, neither drive is detected by windows, though, switching from slave to master, doesn't work either. Both harddrives work by themselves, but not when I connect them.

anyone know wtf is up? thanks.

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    We'll need some more details.

Tell us more about your computer. What's it running? What's inside?

What brand are both of the drives? Do you have other IDE devices hooked up? What combinations of cable position and CMS pin settings have you tried? Anything else that might be important? every detail will help.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Try setting both to cable select. Are both seen??? Sometimes with master and slave, you have to tell the master that slave is present with yet another extra jumper or different jumpered place, while with cable select the drives try to find each other also and the controller on mobo tells drives what to set each as or in case of a fast drive the cable has one place that will yeild a master setting and one for slave (done in wiring).
  • edited June 2005
    Ya - I figured it out, my old harddrive was set to master w/o slave, so, that was causing the problem.