Sound Not Working

edited June 2005 in Hardware
I built my computer over the past two days, and got everything working, except for two things: the sound, and the monitor. I will make another post about the monitor if requested, but the sound is REALLY bothering me. I installed it properly into the PCI slot, hooked up all the proper cords (analog sound and digital sound from the CD-ROM) and disabled the onboard audio. In the device manager screen it shows that the sound card is functioning properly, and in the device properties it shows that there are no problems with the card. I installed the drivers for the card and it is still not working, even though it shows the card as the primary sound device.

I am using an Audigy 2 ZS sound card.

Comments

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited June 2005
    are you sure all your connections are good? what kind of speakers are you using? do they work?
  • edited June 2005
    I'm not using speakers, I have headphones hooked up in the card right now. I read the manual twice to make sure that I put the connections in the right spot.
  • edited June 2005
    I got it working. Turns out having both digital and analog cords is what was causing the problem. When I took out the digital sound cord, and changed the card to read from the analog cord AND changed the slot I had my headphones plugged into, I got it working.