Why is this happening?

EQuitoEQuito SoCal, USA
edited September 2003 in Folding@Home
All of a sudden I'm getting these early terminations. I don't understand why this is happening now, after all this time folding the same way on the same machine and on top of it, always happens at the end of the unit... :(

Any ideas? TIA

Comments

• t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited September 2003
    OCing too much. Step it down just a bit.
  • EQuitoEQuito SoCal, USA
    edited September 2003
    Yeah, that was my first thought but this machine has been running the same way for months (200 x 11), that ain't high OC'ing is it?
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Do they all give you the same message?
    I don't recognize this one, but I have had a few early terms lately that were because of the wu.
    These calcs are interative and sometimes they hit a blind end.
  • edited September 2003
    wiggle your ram!
  • EQuitoEQuito SoCal, USA
    edited September 2003
    LOL! :D
    Do they all give you the same message?
    Yeah, same message. Oh well, I guess these wu's are more complicated than others or something...

Thanks for the replies. :cheers:
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited September 2003
    I was getting nothing but early termination on my xp2500, even at stock speeds. I took off the -advmethods and it crunches Tinkers just fine at 2075.
  • MikeP928MikeP928 New Joisey
    edited September 2003
    Had the same thing happening on my dual rig. (Tyan s2460, 2 x 2400 xp's). No matter what I did to the system, I could not get it to complete a WU. Sometimes it would bomb after 2-3 frames, sometimes on no. 98/100. Turned out, swapping the ram cured it. It is now happily chugging away.

G/L, & let us know what happens!
  • edited September 2003
    maybe jiggle your ram instead of wiggle it :D - then try another stick like mike did.