RAM recomendations

edited June 2005 in Hardware
I would like to buy some new RAM for my comp... so does anyone have any suggestions? apparently my computers max is 3 256mb DIMM chips 168 pins (768 RAM max) ... also in your own oppinions is this to little RAM or am i ok with 768mb?

oh and just so you know i have 128 mb ram right now so i really need this upgrade

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2005
    if your computer is limited to 768mb of ram, then more than likely you're due for a larger upgrade, i'd say go that route
  • edited June 2005
    so that would be a new mother board? if so what kinds would you recommend? if not then what other upgrades are possible?
  • edited June 2005
    List your system's present specs so we can see what you presently have. Include the info on your power supply too, brand and rating.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited June 2005
    yeah you would need a new motherboard. assuming you don't want to replace your processor, find what socket it is and get the same socket motherboard. Any motherboard ~$100 these days will have 2gb ram support, and probably 3 slots. not sure what everyone says about brands, but ASUS and Abit are always good. I'm sure theres others, but i dont know much about that.