Mac Question

edited June 2005 in Hardware
I've got a mac issue here at work.

We've got a client with a machine that boots up fine, but yields an admit mac kernel error.

Is there anything to stop me from unplugging the hard drive from the machine, plugging it into a funcitoning machine (either as slave or in place of the optical) and transfering the vital, time-sensitive data? Would the functional machine have to be another mac (that's not a problem) or could it be a PC, where i'm more comfortable?

Or, is there a way to get around the Admitmac error?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2005
    tefleming wrote:
    I've got a mac issue here at work.

We've got a client with a machine that boots up fine, but yields an admit mac kernel error.

Is there anything to stop me from unplugging the hard drive from the machine, plugging it into a funcitoning machine (either as slave or in place of the optical) and transfering the vital, time-sensitive data? Would the functional machine have to be another mac (that's not a problem) or could it be a PC, where i'm more comfortable?

Or, is there a way to get around the Admitmac error?

Thanks in advance
    http://www.macdisk.com/mden.php3
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    As long as the data is not encrypted, you will have no problems plugging it into another mac. If you have to do it with a PC, you should get the 30 day trial of MacDrive. It is hands down the best HFS layer for windows in existence.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2005
    out Mac'd by the local Mac guru
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    mac attack! :p