Converting DivX/Avi to DVD (vob)

edited June 2005 in Internet & Media
I have some divx/avi clips I would like to put on a dvd so I can watch them on a normal player. How do I go about this? Googling didn't help....

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2005
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited June 2005
    Is there a program where I can drop in bunch of avi's, create a menu, and click Go without me having to worry about encoding? I don't really want to fuss with a bunch of programs, encode one by one, then find another program to create menus, etc. I just want to click a few times, and have it work it all out on its own.

Is there anything that can do that?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Nero?
  • tcithtcith Sydney, Australia Member
    edited June 2005
    entropy wrote:
    Is there a program where I can drop in bunch of avi's, create a menu, and click Go without me having to worry about encoding? I don't really want to fuss with a bunch of programs, encode one by one, then find another program to create menus, etc. I just want to click a few times, and have it work it all out on its own.

Is there anything that can do that?

Any of the more commercial DVD editing programs will do that - Like Roxio and Pinnacle video/DVD suites.

Nero can also do it

Most of the guides on the net assume the person is doing the conversion with Opensource or freeware tools
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited June 2005
    I looked around in Nero and couldn't find where to make a DVD. :confused:

And I won't install Roxio again. I used to love it, but it gave me all sorts of errors with basically every program I have.