Converting Quicktime files (MOV or QT4) to AVI or MPG

danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
edited July 2005 in Internet & Media
Can someone tell me how to do this properly. Last time I tried with Adobe Premier 6.5 it only showed the first frame of video, but had audio, so pretty much what I had was a still shot with audio.

Comments

• NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Quicktime Pro does it nicely for me.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2005
    What about a free program?
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited July 2005
    --BUMP--
    Any ideas?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    I have none, but quicktime pro is a great investment($30) if you ask me.
  • SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
    edited July 2005
    I found one online called "MOV to AVI MPEG WMV Converter" (yes, that's the actual name ;D) when I was searching Google for it.
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited July 2005
    Does anyone hate the actual Quicktime software as much as I do? I won't ever install it if I need to. I have the Quicktime Alternative program, but it isn't perfect. Anything else just... doesn't get played :p
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited July 2005
    entropy wrote:
    Does anyone hate the actual Quicktime software as much as I do? I won't ever install it if I need to. I have the Quicktime Alternative program, but it isn't perfect. Anything else just... doesn't get played :p

Quicktime is not as bad as you think it is. The quicktime pro will let you do many things with a quicktime file. The worst is Real player. That will never go into any computer I own. The Real Player Alternative does a good job of playing Real player files without all the bloatware that Real Player contains.
  • SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
    edited July 2005
    I agree with Ronbo and I will never install Real again either.