XML/XSLT Gurus I need Help.

NoFutureNoFuture In a 3D world...
edited June 2005 in Internet & Media
First, here is the XML I am working with:

I wanted to display it in my post but the tags dont appear because the forum is in HTML mode

The real file is of couse a lot more complicated (32000 Articles and over 250MB of raw .txt) but this will do.

What I basically want to do is filter all entries by Year. For each PubmedArticle that has "Year=1996" display the Year, the Title and the Abstact ( they are not in the post, its normal)
The thing is, there is 3 different years. The one I want is PubStatus="pubmed".
I spent at least 7 hours trying to acess this year value, searching for tutorials on the internet (I am totally new to XSLT), trying all ways possible with all possible commands. No go.
I just can't find a way to tell XSLT to acess this specific date.

Can you guys help me and write me an XSLT code bit just to select the "PubmedArticle" with the "Year" entry I want ( FYI I would use "xsl:for-each")

Thanks a lot.

PS: If you want the a whole "PubmedArticle", I can post one, its about 100 lines.

Comments

• edited June 2005
    I am not an expert by any means, but it seems you might want to use a conditional XPATH statment.

I can't remember how to do because I only did once a while ago. You can start by looking for XPATH at w3.org

CSwett