stoopid question about no-nonsence

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited June 2005 in Folding@Home
So, I DLed the 'no-nonsence' version of the f@h client after reformatting one of my computers. When it first ran, it came up with a console box, and asked me some questions, then started working in the box.

I closed that box, and the program didn't appear in my systray, nor is it in my processes list. I restarted, thinking that it would start with windows (since I said 'yes' to that question), and it doesn't appear to have done anything.

Is this what it should be doing. does no-nonsence mean that it is running in the background without even adding itself to the process list? I didn't even think that was possible...

or am I doing something wrong? I wouldn't imagine that it has to keep that console window open, cause that would certainly be more nonsence than it's proposed 'no-nonsence'...

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    If you close the window, you close the console and it quits. If you want it to run in the background without seeing the console and all that stuff, it needs to be set up to run as a service. :thumbsup:
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Was that one of the questions it asked after it installed, or do I need to do it myself?
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2005
    its one of the questions it asked during the install
    something like "do you want to set this up as a service"
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    As long as you're running the latest version of the client, then yes, one of the questions is "Do you want to set folding up as a service to run in the background" or something to that effect. It is under the advanced options, so when it prompts you to update advanced options, you need to say yes before you get the option to set it as a service. To run the setup again, just type '(your fah client's exe) -configonly' at the command prompt.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    kthnx
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2005
    omgwtfbbq