OPM_DoctorGeo2008 Wins The BWA!

profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
edited June 2005 in Milestones
Every once in a while we like to remind people just how this special award came to be. With all of the new members we've gained lately, this might be a good time to do so once again.

Several years ago a member of Team 93, Bart Williams, passed away suddenly. It was decided at the time to name the 5,000 point award in his honor. In those days many WU's were worth only a few points, meaning that 5,000 points was a mark attained only by the most elite members of the team. Over time, larger WU's with much higher point values have made the 5K milestone more a measure of whether or not a new member is willing to stick with this important project past the first few weeks.

Today, we are quite pleased to announce that OPM_DoctorGeo2008 has met the test and is still Folding strong. Congratulations on a fine job, buddy!

attachment.php?attachmentid=5147&stc=1

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Bart would be proud to be associated with members like DoctorGeo.... Thanks for joing our project and congrats on reaching 5K. :thumbsup:
  • DoctorGeo2008DoctorGeo2008 Flint, MI
    edited June 2005
    Thanks guys! I am very excited to be folding for the cause. I hope to have my 2nd BWA in a week!! :thumbsup: