Good deals on these systems?

edited June 2005 in Hardware
CompUSA is offering up (After mail-in rebates obviously...not an issue for me since I mail them all in anyways and haven't had a problem with them) two cheap systems on July 1st. Note that these are AFTER rebate prices, no monitors with either.

$199 (499 before rebates)
Compaq system
AMD Sempron 2100+ 1.8 GHz, 256 KB L2 Cache
512 MB RAM
160 GB HDD
16x DVD-/+RW

$99 (419 before rebates)
eMachines
Intel Celeron D 335, 2.8 GHz, 256KB L2 Cache
256 MB RAM
80 GB HDD
CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo

I've been considering building a HPTC using the Antec Sonata case (cool and quiet), but I also wanted a "guest computer" AND a computer I can take with me (I don't like laptops).

The most graphic intensive game I'd probably be playing on this would probably be Rise of Nations or AOM or WC3 (yes, RTS games since they aren't as graphic intensive as FPS games). The onboard video should do fine for this purpose.

I'd probably by my own TV tuner for either computer (I'm assuming these are MicroATX computers). I may end up formatting the hard drives and running with my version of Windows XP.

I'm just looking for input on whether as either of these computers would be good for a secondary computer that I don't care if people play around with. I'm kinda undecided if I want to buy one of these or not.

They've also got an 80GB IDE HDD for 20 bucks (after rebates, 99 before) which I could use on my current computer (tho I'd rather have SATA...sigh).

FYI, here's a link to the ad.

http://www.compusa.com/specials/mmadness0505/default.asp?prod_group_category_id=1551&pfp=skinny#