Air cooling solution, rpm sensor...

GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
edited June 2005 in Hardware
I finaly got my air-colling solution all set on my Lian Li v2000. I've use 3 92mm fan, one Panaflo high speed on the heatsink, one Nexus Real Silent near it but less higher to put air directly on the RAM, and finaly i put another one Panaflow High speed, fixed in a 'home made' way at angle to piece of metal on the Lian-li v2000 that provide pci-slot support for stability. I use tie-wrap and some rubber pieces for that ;) This one push directly in the direction of the chipset but that provide also more air flow to all the system the I got ~28-30C temp for cpu, ~35C for chipset and ~30C for PWM IC (at stock clock speed and no overclock for now, UNDER LOAD).

I've look on some forum and i think i'm actually quite impressed by thoses results. Adding the 92mm panaflo in a way that it throw air directly on the chipset zone had decrease the temp of the chipset by 12C ! It has also reduce the temp of PWN by 2C and the cpu by ~1C :p

The only problem now is that i think the rpm sensor on the cpu fan is defective... I see 0 rpm in smartguardian, but the fan is running great and did no seem to be defective in any other way... Do you think i should RMA the fan ? Does the rpm sensor is 'important' for the fan to perform well? I think it's not very important since it only seems to be use as 'curious' purpose to see how fast it rolls out... Anyway, i don't know if a defective rpm sensor (if it's not important) will be enough to 'justify' a RMA... since the fan is working great... what do you think ?

As a second question, what is PWM IC ? lol I saw a temp but i don't even know where to look at on the board to tell 'this is where the temp is at ~30C!'

Thankx :thumbsup:

Comments

• GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited June 2005
    BTW, im gonna take pictures of it soon and i'll post it here ;)

I've never build up a 'real' cooling solution before but i can say that the v2000 have made my way MUCH easier ! The case have a metal plate between the mb and the psu so i've use it to put the nexus that thow directly on the RAM & heatsink. The pci support bracket seems to be design for 'holding' something like a 92m panaflo too ;)

EDIT : The 120m near the mb also help a lot to extract hot air from the case. The second one near the hd zone is nearly not necessary for me as i have only 1 hd and will never have more than 2 :p But this is a case that is suppose to be use as a 'server case' so it explain the presence of this fan :p I'll take it as a bonus (at the price of this case, can we say 'bonus' ? :rolleyes: ) air-flow lol

Great experience by now... The fun only begin as i'll overclock tomorow ;D