Thank You, Hotrodsun

profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
edited June 2005 in Folding@Home
SM8 & SM9 were just sent to me by Hotrodsun. No one on the SMx Committee asked for them back or anything like that - in fact he was doing a great job hosting them. He basically felt that he could no longer give them the attention necessary to keep them going 100% and decided to pass them on to someone who could. It was the honorable thing to do and he deserves the highest praise for years of faithful service as a Host.
:thumbsup:

I'm going to give them the once-over (twice :vimp: ), at which point we'll be putting them up for adoption. Don't start scrambling just yet, but if you think you qualify as a Host and would consider giving a good home to a piece of Team 93 history, keep your eyes peeled for a signup thread in the next week or two. You'll have some big shoes to fill - Hotrodsun did a fine job - but I know there are going to be some excellent candidates ready to pick up the torch once the call is made for Hosts

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2005
    Yes, Adam, you were a great host. If you feel that sometime down the road that life has settled down and you can spare some time for an SMx machine, please sign up again. We appreciate you taking the initiative and sending the machines back to us instead forgetting about the machines.

Marc
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Thanks for taking good care of them for so many years. :thumbsup: Stepping down is hard to do sometimes, but it sounds like you've done the right and honorable thing. I hope their future hosts will do as good of a job.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I'm glad that SM8 & SM9 were in your hands, Adam. Life throws us a few sliders and curve balls and you have to make adjustments in life as to not get hit. You are man enough to know you may not be able to host the SMx rigs, and admitted it. We appreciate that. Thanks....

:thumbsup: